Why would my ex boyfriend want to keep in touch?

i broke up with my ex boyfriend and he is now with someone else but he still wants to keep in touch with me and tell each other about our lives. is this a good idea?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• He is Not totally over You, @xtroublex, and with a newbie on one end of his arm, You are Still... Hooked at the hip on another Friend end.
    He may find you as one, in his own willy way, trying to have his sweet cake and Eat it Two right now. He probably figures with you in his back pocket, that if she and he break it off tomorrow, he can come crying on his shoulder and you won't have a sour ball about it.
    It's up to you how You feel about this little sticky situation. If you find it's Not your cup of tea, tell him you are Not the one who should be getting the short end of the stick and go blow, Joe.
    However, if you are fine with it, then stay in the Triangle Threesome, where you are way at the tip, looking down, from side to side, at Her and him with no whim.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• No it's not a good idea to stay in contact with him
    you're trying to forget and move on with life but
    i think most of what he's doing is just to throw
    digs to you and to get you going.

• He could be trying to keep up with you or he still have feelings for you and don't want you out of his life.

• so he believes there might b a chance he'll get back 2 u

• May be he still have feelings for you

What Girls Said 5

• He's not over you and wants any excuse to feed off of your presence and feast on whatever desirability you've shown him. Bad idea. It's only going to prolong his heartache and make it that much more difficult for him to move forward and accept the fact that you two are no longer together.

• It could be either, it depends how the fallout of your relationship ended. My ex and me broke up over horrible circumstances. Basically he blamed me for the magority of like his existence like lol... he than wanted to get back with me and be friends. But I declined for he just wanted drama. But Friend, the ball is in your court, do what you must but be wise, follow your insticts and be careful. HUGS

• It depends on how intense the relationship was, how long it lasted, both your levels of maturity, if one/both of you still harbour feelings for each other.. Usually, it's better to take some time off each other and not become friends immediately after your relationship ends, the transition from friends to lovers may be easy, but from lovers to friends.. not really at all.

• sounds like someone isn't over yooouuuuu

• Some people want to be friends with their ex