Can one really move on in a month?

Okay, so my ex and we broke up a month ago. We still kept in contact and he's told me he still loved me like a week ago. We hooked up a week ago, and I thought things were cool until he started ignoring me. We were together 2 years and had an intense relationship. I know he really loved me.

Anyways, he told me he has feelings for a new girl, and that he's going to date her. My friends that work with him told me that he says she's special and shit like that. Could he actually be falling for someone new? I mean, or is this a rebound? I don't know how you go from loving someone to just moving on like that. I've dated a new guy, and even tho I thought I was falling for him, I know it was a rebound. What do you think? we were together two years!

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time When... We hooked up a week ago.
    Hooking up and becoming Hooked at the hip like before here, dear, are Two completely things altogether. He may have been Missing the Kissing, the history you both shared because you both have been 'Together 2 years and had an intense relationship.' However, with finding a newbie with you still on the side, he is thinking now he can have his cake and eat it Two.
    Lay some ground rules down and don't become this Friend with a benefit whenever he finds this and You convenient. You are worth more than this
    He is telling you without the writing on the wall and all, that he is Not into being Committed with you and that 'She's special and sh*t like that.'
    If it won't be her, then you can bet it will be others. Don't fall for it, don't go for it and don't buy it.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• yup it depends on da person and how sensitive this person is.. in fact some1 could move on even in just 1 week ;)

• We've broken up before and he always came right back in like two weeks

• Do you think he'll come back? He cut me off and told me he has feelings for another girl

• Guess he's tryin to get over u actually so he's seein some other gal in order 2 forget bout u

• It really is an individual thing.

It took me 18 months to move on from my ex (and I still love her almost 3 years later, but it's different now).

On the other hand, she was seeing someone else 4 days later...

I was the guy she dated a week after breaking up with someone else... and he was the guy she dated a week after breaking up with a boyfriend of 5 years...

For some people, the easiest way to get over one is to get under another, so to speak.

• Yes they can and do move on that fast all the time. Especially if they have more 'experience' with breakups.

Don't believe in rebounds, sorry.

• Yes. It's easy. Some people just make a great match. He might have found it and it makes it easy forget about the past... really fast.

What Girls Said 5

• I say no, I believe in working for a relationship. He sounds like he is just either looking for intercourse or an easy target. I have heard of people falling in love fast, I actually had a friend like that, she did it every two weeks. But to me it wasn't love, just lust and to me thats what he is demonstrating I suppose. But if so, you are better off without him. I believe in friendships and lovers second. Just remember and realize its not your fault for he is a complete idiot. hugs

• Why did you two break up?

• I got a surgery and he became really insecure and started distancing himself from me.

• I think you can fall for someone else so it could be that he is. However it does sound like it's moving quite quickly. He might just be trying to replace his feelings for you with someone else. People often over exaggerate how good things are in a relationship in order to make other people think that it is all going better than it might be.

• He cut me off lol, after I sent him this long text about how much I loved him. I don't understand how someone can just move on like that. I tried, and its impossible. Especially after the relationship we had..

• Maybe he hasn't properly moved on and he is just replacing the feelings he had for you in the feelings for her. That is quite quick to move on the fact that he won't talk to you might suggest that he still has feelings for you.

• It's just an feeling with you for the past 2 years. Like missing you in his life. But it's not love. I got back with my ex coz I thought I could not leave her or I miss her so much. But later i realised that I really don't love her anymore. So sorry for wasting her time again.

• It could be a rebound right now but he could end up falling in love with this new girl.

Source:
    Own experience