I asked my ex to delete my nudes then he blocked me on everything. I always deleted his, so what should I do?

1421

Most Helpful Guy

• You GAVE them to him. He now owns them. (I don't know how the law would decide it in your state and given all the facts, but I am sure he feels he owns them and it would take a court to force him to do anything with them.) If he decides to post them and even to give your name with the post, there is little or nothing you can do, at least not till after he does it. If you dept your face out of the pictures, and hid any identifying marks, tattoos, jewelry, etc., and make sure nothing else in the pictures can point to you, then you can always deny it is you.
    I don't know why you broke up, but if your were courteous I can see no reason why he would be blocking you and avoiding you.

• Wtf kind of advice is this?
      @Asker this answer is nonsense. Any man who is this entitled has issues and a questionable value system. You have a right to feel the way you do seeing as this is shady as hell

• This advice is incorrect asker. You are underage so he can get in serious trouble with the police if he distributes them. He does not own them because you shared the picture with him.

• I apologize for my answer, due to the fact that I did not realize that you were underage. It makes a big difference. I answered the question on its own merit without noticing your age. If you were 18+ it would be correct. Who owns the rights would have to be argued in a court since you gave them to him. That would take time. the courts could then say they are yours and "make" him delete them, but by then they could be all over the internet. You can request a site to remove then and they are supposed to do so, but they may take forever or not even do it, and by the time they take it down, twenty others have it up. That is worst case scenario. And it has happened over and over regardless of what others are saying.
      On the other hand, he may not have distributed them. But if he is blocking you and not communicating with you, it is likely that he does not hold high respect for you and does not care where the pictures go.
      Again, my apolgies for not noticing your age.

What Guys Said 20

• Tell him he can go to jail for possession of child pornography if he doesn't delete them and you'll report him if he shares them.

• This. And next time, dear OP, avoid being silly in sharing things you could regret later.

• Abso-freakin'-lutely. Regardless of his age @emmeeee he is in possession of child pornography and his ENTIRE LIFE could be shattered into a million little criminalized pieces. If he posts them somewhere he will be charged with multiple offenses, the first and foremost being the child pornography and the second being a fairly new classification of crime being "revenge porn."

Still, despite him being the one backed into a corner you should be tactful and kindly suggest he delete them. If not for YOUR benefit, for his and kindly remind him of the very harsh laws surrounding the situation.

PS. He is a little brat and you're better off without him.

• People, why not show a little support here? There's always something you can do even if that doesn't quite stop the mess.

@Emmeeee they are mostly right, if you gave the guy your pics you practically gave up some rights on those. Now, if you shared with them for personal use and he decides to post them somewhere, you can always denounce him as he'll be hurting you. First step if you don't mind me saying, talk to your parents (if you really are 16), get adults involved to get better advice and maybe start working out a solution through them.

Don't despair, these things happen mostly because there are idiots in the world. You'll be fine :)

• Thank you, I was so stupid, but I thought i loved him

• these things are more normal than people care to admit hun, you'll be fine :)

• Well, like they say, once you put it out there, it's there forever. I'm not trying to be crass. But be careful. Things like this will happen.

• That's not good cutie I was in a long rs n when she sends me her nudes I deleted them after some days so that no one can misuse of those pics bc I respect her by the way your boyfriend seems to be jerk it's good that you left him😉 next time beware of these kind of things n for now tell him that you'll report so that he can get scared 😓 n delete 'em all 😜 by the way you look beautiful 😶

• You really can't do anything and if you take it to court since you're 16 its child pornography and since YOU made them you cna get charged as well as him for having them

• Protip: In the future when you do nudes - do them without your face on it. Or just let it be altogether, because you are at the mercy of the guy you give them to.

• Well you've done fucked up and they will probably turn up on some website eventually. Oh well. Not much you can do, really.

• He is an asshole and you got nothing to do other than going to his place and burn his mofing house down... ahahaha 😈😈😂😂😂😅 murder him!! 😈😈 😂👻👻

• I guess report him to the police. Just don't do that again. People still post nudes. When are people going to stop being stupid?

• Let's hope he doesn't use it against you or post it everywhere

• Now you sit there and regret that you ever sent nudes.

• If he posts them anywhere tho, he is technically spreading child pornography, but then again, so are you.

• You are a minor so you can report him to the Police, and maybe after that you can think about what you did so you try to not repeat those mistakes. :P.

• Report it to the police or tell your parents. Either way, you can't let him get away with this.

• he's never going to delete them unless he loses his phone :S some guys are dicks and he sounds like one

• What the hell were you thinking sending him that shit?

Dumb thing to do.

• Never send nudes again

• The copyright goes to the person who pressed the shutter. If you took them you own them. If he took them then that gets into a whole other can of worms such as criminal acts like corruption of a minor. Asker if you have any questions call a local police department and speak with an officer you can do this anonymously

• Well, your young and gullible, experience is the best teacher
    this has to have taught you lesson but i doubt that it did
    if he is older than you than the pictures could be illegal
    to have nudes of you. your age 16 and he is wrong in
    so many ways and even if he is your age i bet the law
    could charge him for being in possession of child pornography

• he is 18

• Yes he is legal adult , all you got do is call the police
      and he could get in big trouble for sure

• you should have never done it in the first place. Act like a whore/porn star get treated like one. He is keeping them just in case you become vindictive like most women after a break up. Just leave him alone and he will probably delete them when he gets a new girlfriend.

• So bold and cheeky while you hide under anonymous

• Asker don't listen to this about you getting charged as well for the pics. That is absolutely not true at all. You can call the police they will help you out.

• if she sent him the pics or was involved in the pic she is responsible for them as well. you are an idiot and i hope the next time you break the law someone rats on you.

• You could go over to his house and demand that he give them back. It's not cool to keep something that someone asks that you delete. In the future though, don't let people persuade you in to giving nudes.

• Sorry about the creep though, sounds like a real asshole, and i realize you two were together but, if he's going to act like this, it's obvious he was always an asshole and is showing his true colors. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that sort of fucked up shit

What Girls Said 14

• Let him know that sharing them is considered possession and distribution of child pornogrophy since you're 16.

• There's nothing you CAN do. You should've realized you were giving up your right to privacy when you sent them.

• Never send nudes to begin with because it never ends well.

Now you can't really do much except see what he will do with them.

• If he does anything with them people will be on your side about everything, and chances are because you're underaged if he does post anything you can charge him with child pornography.

• You can still get his if you're good with computers. Since he wants to be a complete dirtbag, just put his online.

• Tell him that he can go to jail for spreading them because it is child pornography technically

• Did you show your face in the nudes? If you didn't then it would be a lot harder to prove whose naked body it really is.

• Tell him to stop being a little b**ch

• He can goto jail and you are still a minor

• omg never send nudes ever

• It's sooo gross how many people are saying "oh well that's your fault!!"

Teens make fucking mistakes jfc

Make sure he knows he can get into serious trouble for that. Possession of child pornography.

• This is a perfect example on why you shouldn't send nudes. Because guys can spread pictures

• Here's a lesson young one, never delete anyone's nudes. Back them up on a dropbox account. I don't care if you're the happiest married couple in the world!! Save them. Things change and people change. Nothing in life ever stays the same. Idc if you're in love with the guy or you feel he would never release your nudes, you don't know what people may do some day. I'm not saying save the pics to show people but save them safely locked away just in case. I save all nude photos guys send me. Alllllllll. You can release mine if I have yours.

• You're 16 so you have a advantage. It could be considered child porn in many states. If you are in a state where 16 is age of consent then say you were like 14 in the pics.