Why can't he be civil with me?

Me and my ex was together 3 years, we lived together, was engaged, and he brought my 5 year old son up as his own. We was planning our wedding 2 weeks before he left me. He let me middle of May and was nothing but bitter and spiteful towards me. I found out i was pregnant 2 days after he left and he said he did not want the baby. 3 weeks later and he is now seeing someone new already and doing nothing but plastering her all over facebook.
After he left even though i was fully accepting of him having a new girlfriend (even though it kills) and i was decent and civil to try sort the joint house bills he still won't, he is admant he does not want to "see me" or speak to me at all, he won't even speak to me via text. Why can't he be civil with me when he's moved on?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He seems like an idiot guy; you're better off without him really

What Guys Said 3

• Wow. That's a special kind of evil. I went through something similar. My fiance did the same thing, essentially. She miscarried, though. I do feel for you, I honestly do.

• He seems like a fool at the very least he should be seeing the child he helped bring up blood means nothing to children.

• Something must have happenned that triggered this behaviour a month ago that caused him to become very upset with you. Might be something insignificant and the guy might just be childish. Just forget about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Why was he suddenly all bitter and left you? Anyways, he doesn't sound like someone who's worthy of your time, don't worry about being civil with the him... just move on and forget.

• Maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you. a lot of people just move on and have zero contact with exes. Yours is slightly different since there's a kid involved, but then he said he wants nothing to do with the kid so he might not even think contact is needed for that. Just move on and forget about him.

• We have to speak about the house items and bills etc he won't even do that with me

• If he doesn't want to, then just have the things in your name and assume he doesn't want anything from the house, simple. You tried so he can't complain if he wants something later.