Do you think her feelings really could be gone if she was that in love with me like she claims?

OK so met this girl about a year ago and we started dating right away and became very close with in a week. It was strange but we both really liked each other a lot. My problem was when I went back home I ran into a girlfriend I had been with for 4 years. she cried and told me how much she loved me and blah blah blah... I decided to give my ex girlfriend a chance and broke it with the girl I was currently with.. Now I have realized that I screwed up

royally and want to be with the girl I broke it off with for ever. we have remained best friends and she told me it took 6 months to get over me.. I recently just asked her on a date and she said no that her feelings were gone. What we had was so special and I was just an idiot. Can I get her back and if so what should I do. Do you think her feelings really could be gone if she was that in love with me like she claims?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If you think you should be with a girl "forever" without already being with her for years and years, then you're making decisions based on your emotions, not on reality.

Reality is that you don't even know this girl anymore, so how could you possibly know if you'd want to be with her.

What's really happening is that you're not as happy as your emotions expected (with your current ex) so you're being wishy washy and hoping things would feel better with the girl that got away (except you pushed her away.)

In anycase, my advice is to do some growing up, learn what maturity means, and use your head to make better dating decisions, instead of your "feelings." Feelings are not based on reality, so they're not to be trusted.

Stop being a girl and move on.

Hugs?

~ Robby

What Girls Said 1

• I think the ex was being honest and indeed her feelings might be gone. Six months to me is a long time, and she probably did heal and get closure on your relationship. At this juncture, I don't think there's anyway to get her back because she has moved on. She is in a different place than you. I am sorry to say this but I'd rather be honest.

What Guys Said 1