Do you think that the average IQ of society will rise in the future (let's say 200 years in the future)?

or do you think society will dumb down a lot in the future?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if intelligence is also infected by inflation.

What Girls Said 2

• the natural standard of human intelligence will not change in a mere 200 years. the only reason the average man today might be smarter than the average man in 1809 is that education is more widely accessible. if we could go forward 200 years and backwards 200 years and give people IQ tests, we'd probably find that humans are no more or less naturally intelligent. we would find the same standard bell curve in levels of IQ; there were geniuses and morons in every era of recorded history, and there are geniuses and morons today. I think in 200 years, the average IQ will still be considered 100, unless the method for measuring intelligence changes.

• The average IQ will still be 100 particularly because the tests themselves are designed and adjusted so that the average intelligence coincides with the pre-selected number 100.

• Lol. yeah. but I mean if you were to take people from the 23rd century and test them with an early 21st century intelligence test, the majority of those people would still fall in the 90-110 range.

• i think society is getting dumber and dumber.

What Guys Said 3

• Seeing the youth today that follows every trend and can't be an individual and acts like a pompous immature brat, I'd say the intellectual level amongst all society will decline as these children are our future, and they are an unpromising future at that. At least where I am from, the mid west, you have to act like a gangster, well more so a rapper. The white people that act black is so annoying, I should drop their ass on the east side of downtown Chicago, then see if they act that way anymore.

although there are exceptions to every society. The people considered crazy are sometimes the greatest. I.E. Newton, Einstein, etc. So maybe there is hope, and I do see promising individuals that I know will succeed even though they're only 14.

• The "white people that act black" are nowhere near as annoying as the people who think you can act a race.

• I think it will decrease, everything being made is to make everything easier, that kind of attitude means they won't have to think for themselves to do anything... I don't think kids are as smart as when I was growing up, but who knows that might just be here, and abit of a blip on the radar.

• Society only gets smarter over time. As we find new ways as a culture to expand our intelligence, we will get smarter.