Should I give him another chance?

My boyfriend of a year and a half admitted to me that he cheated on me. I gave him another chance for a variety of reasons, mostly because doing something like that is completely out of character for him. He told me that he wants to try a relationship with me in the future, but that he needs time to find himself again and figure things out. He told me he wants to make sure things are right so that when we do try again, we don't end up in the same place we were. I'm angry that this second chance is suddenly on his terms instead of mine. I told him that I wanted to give each other a month or so of space, and then try things again very slowly. He thinks I'm being unreasonable for making that time limit, but I think as the one who was cheated on I should call the shots. What do you think? Am I wasting my time trying this hard or should I be patient with him?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You obviously care enough about him and the relationship to even entertain giving him a second chance. Many people might have walked away because the trust was broken and that is hard to get back. I think you do have a right to determine what you need from him in order to make this work. If he has a problem with that then that's too bad. He needs to be respectful of you and work with you, period. If he is unable to do that then it will be that much harder for you both to work through this.

I would talk to him and explain it like I have. Try to be patient with him. It sounds like you have something salvageable.

The decision is up to you. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 1

• You should leave him. He may be a good guy, but he cheated. Unless you have an open relationship, cheating is a deal breaker. Now, if you want to give him a second chance, it should be on your terms. He's the one who screwed up and needs to rebuild your trust for him. Not you. Tell him that if he really want's to be with you, then he can't set the rules for how you two get back together.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it should be on your terms. You may be wasting your time though, he sounds very self involved.

• i say dump him

because he's on his terms not urs

plus once a cheater always a cheater

but in the end its all up to you :)