Why do guys cheat?

My ex cheated on me with a woman who was already married without giving any thought to our 2 year old relationship.
And trust me that woman doesn't even look pretty she was ugly and totally opposite of me.
Wht could have triggered him to cheat on me?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• "Why do (PEOPLE) cheat?"

Research shows most people don't cheat due to sex, it's usually some emotional intimacy reason. So did you notice anything drift between the two of you? Did you ask him if something was going on at work? Was he stressed? How's consistent is your sex life? It could be a numerous amount of reason.

• For near about 7 months we were in long distance relationship and few months back I lost my job and I went into depression.

• Okay so from the start the relationship lacked any real intimacy, and you guys most likely had to try really hard to keep the romance alive due to a long distance. Then due to your depression you most likely neglected him emotionally and physically. At that point he would have felt like he can't get through to you and the moment he found someone willing to pay attention to him he resorted to cheating.

Just so we're clear I don't condone cheating nor seek excuses I'm just telling you what could have made him seek such an option.

Most Helpful Girl

• I read somewhere that guys cheat because of boredom/lack of sex/temptation and girls cheat because of lack of attention.