Why do guys cheat?

My ex cheated on me with a woman who was already married without giving any thought to our 2 year old relationship.
And trust me that woman doesn't even look pretty she was ugly and totally opposite of me.
Wht could have triggered him to cheat on me?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• "Why do (PEOPLE) cheat?"

Research shows most people don't cheat due to sex, it's usually some emotional intimacy reason. So did you notice anything drift between the two of you? Did you ask him if something was going on at work? Was he stressed? How's consistent is your sex life? It could be a numerous amount of reason.

• For near about 7 months we were in long distance relationship and few months back I lost my job and I went into depression.

• Okay so from the start the relationship lacked any real intimacy, and you guys most likely had to try really hard to keep the romance alive due to a long distance. Then due to your depression you most likely neglected him emotionally and physically. At that point he would have felt like he can't get through to you and the moment he found someone willing to pay attention to him he resorted to cheating.

Just so we're clear I don't condone cheating nor seek excuses I'm just telling you what could have made him seek such an option.

What Guys Said 5

• Moment of weakness? Drunk/high? Seduced by her? I've never cheated on a girl, so I wouldn't know the exact reason.

• Pretty or not she seduced him...
    Man cheat for many reasons like women cheat for many reasons too.
    1st main reason: He is a jerk.
    2: He was drunk and she was drunk too.
    3: She has more money than u.
    4: He dosent fell u and he are that close anymore to dont have sex with other women.

• That was definitely a moment of weakness.
    There are always two reasons.
    1. A moment of weakness.
    2. The guy is selfish.

• I think he was thinking more with his D than anything else, if that woman was already married

Guys cheat for the same reason girls would cheat... They don't love their partner anymore, look for excitement elsewhere, ...

• Lack of sex perhaps.

What Girls Said 5

• I read somewhere that guys cheat because of boredom/lack of sex/temptation and girls cheat because of lack of attention.

• Why do women cheat?

Stop fuckin' blaming ONE gender.

• I don't know guys just don't value with what they have. Don't worry girl if anything you dodged a bullet

• Girls cheat too. And sometimes weird stupid things just kind of... happen

• he's gay and weird