Have you ever had your heart broken so bad you no longer wanted to live?

Before this question gets censored/ suspended or anything, I'd like to know if there are other people who felt just like I am feeling at the moment.
The guy I've been in love with for years broke up with me a few months ago. There was still hope, we were trying to get our friendship back. We still had a chance of getting back together if some obstacles changed. Recently all was getting better but he decided he was done, and didn't ever want to talk to me again. I was at a restaurant, I had to run to the bathroom and I sat on the floor, shaking, my heart racing, my head spinning. I couldn't even cry - it was too much of a shock. I'm trying to convince him, but I'm pretty sure it's over. He's everything to me, and without him I can no longer survive. I feel that the only way to ease my pain if he doesn't come back to me is to die. Has anyone felt that way? Thank you.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you're feeling a broken heart. The pain is unrealistic when you can actually feel your heart breaking. But I've been in your shoes. Like someone took the air from me, felt like I couldn't breathe. You have to take all that love and attention he doesn't deserve and give it to something else. A hobby, family, a friend, a cause, your career. There has to be something in your life that is important to you. I'm here to tell you you will feel better. Soon you won't feel the breaking anymore. It will feel more like a bandaid on a small crack that will always be there. You'll smile at the memories, you'll still cry over a song or maybe a place that reminds you of him. But it won't always hurt THIS bad. I promise. You need a distraction. And you need to know it's okay to cry. It's okay to feel sad just give it a few days to get it out your system. Then surround yourself with loved ones. Friends and family. Find something that dulls the pain and stick with it. Don't torture yourself with memories or what did you do. You have to love yourself. Get it in your head: HIS LOSS. He threw away a love he will probably never find again. You tried and he walked out. This is on him. Not you. And one day you'll find someone who will hold you so tight that all the pieces begin to fit back together. Think positive. Take a deep breath hold your head up high and listen to empowering songs: Katy Perry -Part of Me Destiny's Child- Survivor Jan Kramer- King of apologies Mathew West-Strong enough Gym class heroes- the fighter
    Chin up you got this : )

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. I felt that! I even let her know that I felt like dying without her. She took it as a threat and considers me "obsessed and desperate "

• Yeah when I was 18 from my first love. How stupid was I then...

• How did you get over it? Or how can I convince him not to leave me...

• No, fortunately

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Each step is closer to my grave. I can't sleep. I can't take it. It's all so much. It's been a while now and I still feel as crappy as the day I first found out he moved on. And yeah, it's gonna hurt. You're gonna feel like this. It doesn't get better. But you do grow numb. And with this numbness, you can feel EVERYTHING. The numbness takes your brain, leaving everything sharpened. So I say while you're stuck in that haze, sort through the memories. Feel every aspect of the pain. Let it sit till the bitter taste is sweet then let go. And I know that's not easy. I speak as if I've done it but I haven't. And I don't know if I ever will. But know that there are others right alongside you going through the same pain.

• I've never had serious thoughts of suicide, but I've been seriously devastated to where I'm crying nonstop and feel like I just can't take it anymore... I always just let these feelings pass and move on though.

• Yes i did, but not to die but to live and wait for the right person.