How long have you grieved over a break up?

To make of it short I was completely in love with someone from 2012 and still now, we dated for a year till he told me he wanted someone with his lifestyle. Im a clean girl who doesn't smoke or drink, and he Did alL of that. it's been since 2013 and I'm still grieving is this normal? I've dated around but no one is like him, he cherished me, bought me flowers, called me and wanted to see me. I really thought we were going to be together forever. How long has anyone else grieved?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been heartbroken and devastated twice back to back. you never truly get over your "first" love and it definitely hits ya every once in a while even though time heals you still are hurting still curious and wondering but you have to allow yourself to continue dating until you meet a great guy eventually someone will be just as wonderful if not better you will care less and less and he will become someone you occasionally look up to say i wonder how he's doing but nothing more. He may have done "every great gesture for you " but he was only filling you up with bullshit because a guy never leaves a great girl because she "doesn't fit his lifestyle" he was well aware of you lifestyle when he met you during and every step along the way. what changed was him and where he wants his life to go he's not mature enough to get serious with someone who isn't a party animal and has her head on straight he will be one day possibly but it will take some time

What Guys Said 4

• It can last a lifetime if you let it. Take what you learned from the relationship and be done with it. I truly believe you will find someone with the qualities you want, less the qualities you don't want.

• Grief is a funny thing. I still miss some of my old relationships, even though they were years in the past. I'd say, if you're asking about solid, real grief, 2 years for me.

• 23.5 years and counting...

• have never counted lol

What Girls Said 1

• One year was the longest.