Have you ever let someone hurt you by giving them a lot of chances?

did you regret it? could you get over all the hardness they have put you through? how many times or ways did u let them hurt you /?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• you would think that you would only improve when it comes to this but sometimes after experiencing so much of the same thing with different men, you get tired of trying so hard and you give up. you basically settle for less. this is where giving more chances to the same person comes into play. you get so bound and set yourself up to make something happen that most likely won't happen or will take a whole lot of time effort to make it happen that you will have missed out on other major parts of your life like your family, friends, career opportunities. This is due to hope. Hope is a bad thing, you just have to learn to take things as they go. think about your future and your future alone when someone special comes your way don't get wrapped up and make your life just about him keep thinking of yourself.

to answer your question yes many times with the same guy. it was way many more times than I can count with my fingers (and he was the only guy I gave so many chances to before him I was strict on giving guys no second chances). he never cheated on me, he just always broke his promises to do or not do something. like not drinking, not smoking or smoking a certain about of times, not keeping connection to certain people, being responsible about bills, saving money, etc. and I could never get over the these things I was always afraid he would do it again and never stop, I could never really trust him. I never counted on him when I placed a goal for us, but I would hope that he would help out just to make it easier on me. he's done quite a lot of things to break me, but I still haven't learned my lesson with him, I still want him and no matter how hard I try to stay away from him (right now he's on jail and its the only thing keeping me away from him) I know that if he comes back for me, I'll go right back to his side.

What Guys Said 3

• No, I'm not that dumb. I learned at a very young age there's a difference between giving trust, and EARNING it.

• Yeah unfortunately

• Yeah unfortunately

What Girls Said 3

• I been through guys who hurt me and kept doing it. they would want me back and I would just be a bitch and blow them off. they got the message I never heard of them back again. let the jerks fly away!

• When i was younger i gave people second chances. Now i don't give anyone a second chance to hurt me again. Giving a second chance is like giving your consent for them to hurt you again. Once is a warning, twice is a lesson, the third time is being a fool.

Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun, because they missed the first time. I never trust someone a second time after they have already broken my faith and trust once

• you are right , i wish i didn't give him chance to hurt me again :S

• The most painful experience is the betrayal of someone who you trusted not to hurt you. When you put your trust in someone , you get one of two results... A friend for life or a lesson in life.

Don't allow your experience to prevent you from trusting other guys. Just learn from this experience to never trust someone a second time when they have already given you a reason not to trust them. Xx💜

• Many times.