Is this guy making a fake story to break up with me?

So my boyfriend (now ex), broke up with me a week go saying that he was sick and his health was too unpredictable to be in a relationship with anyone. He said he didn't want to hurt anyone by involving them with his problems. He also added that he couldn't tell me this the whole time we were together because he was "overwhelmed by it all", but now I guess he is not so he doesn't want to be with me. He told me to move on, and that he doesn't want to bring back the part of himself that cared for me.

I think he's lying and just saying that because it's less hurtful than "I don't have feelings for you anymore" or "I dont love you anymroe." Everytime I ask him if he stopped loving me, and how he could convince himself our relationship meant nothign he says, "Idk it just happened" and "I don't know."

What's going on his head? What is he actually thinking?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like an excuse to me. He wanted an out and that was the best he could come up with. Why he couldn't be honest is beyond me. But that's the best I can think of.

• :( i guess he didn't want to be mean and blow me off?

• Something along those lines, yup yup. Still mean, but better than some options, I guess.

What Guys Said 2

• Instead of being honest, he is trying to soften the blow...
    He must be pretty confused in his head though, guys don't normally do this.
    Is he between 18-22 .. maybe he has no idea what he wants

• yeah he's 21 lol :/ ... Why would he be confused lol. Well after he told me all that, well more like, I had to ask him why he didn't want the relationship and he said all that, he didn't bother to message me at all after.

• I wouldn't put it past him

What Girls Said 0