Why do I still love him when he hurt me so badly?

The last month of my relationship with my ex he treated me terribly. Every time I said something it would annoy him and when I would as a question he told me not to ask dumb questions. He used to tell me I was his everything and he treated me like I was nothing. After he broke up with me I tried to talk to him and he just laughed at me in front of his friends and told me to go. He started doing things he would have never done before. I felt like I didn't know him anymore. But, he's everywhere always liking my pictures even the ones posted days ago, checking my snapchat stories (he's told me he has listened to all of them because even though he doesn't love me he still cares), and he texted me a couple times. He came to my house a week ago to get his stuff and I didn't say anything I just looked at him and gave him his things. He said thank you, but I slammed the door in his face. I feel as if our whole relationship was a lie. Why does he still do these things? Why do I still cry for him? I don't understand how you could be in love with someone who hurt you so badly.

Toward the end of the relationship I felt like he only wanted sex. When he told me he no longer was in love with me I said what about when we were intimate and he told me that was different. How?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• "After he broke up with me I tried to talk to him and he just laughed at me in front of his friends and told me to go. "<--- ok better take it as he wanted 2 play it tough and all in front of his friends actually

but he's actin weirdly... ok i guess he said "thank u" when u were givin him his things so he could b nice, mostly. although "likin" yer pics don't mean much at all mind u

What Guys Said 1

• Usually, this kind of behavior is rooted in childhood... like daddy issues, etc. It may be worth your while to see a therapist to get to the root of this...

What Girls Said 1

• He moved your heart and now its broken by him. A painful reminder.