Is it normal to develop an eating disorder after divorce?

I have lost a lot of weight after my divorce. He told said "good luck finding someone who wants that blob you call a body" I sunk into depression and lost almost 40lbs in three months. I have been working out but find it hard to keep food down. I've been drinking so much water though. Almost a gallon a day. And I also have an anxiety disorder. So when I get panic attacks I withdraw from everything. I don't count calories but I only eat between 12:00 and 8:00. I don't feel bad or anything. Should I be worried?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I would prefer not to give too many details of my personal life, but I work professionally in the field of dietetics. A 40 # weight loss in 3 months is a significant (and unhealthy) amount of weight to lose in that time period for anyone Under 300 or so pounds (which judging from your pic you are no where near). A gallon of water a day is acceptable for someone in the 200 # range with moderate activity (I don't know your weight so please research this yourself - it is Entirely possible to overload yourself on fluid to the point of it being DANGEROUS). Exercise is good for (almost) everyone; but only if you are also taking care of yourself nutritionally. Again, it can be Dangerous to exert yourself physically if you are not providing your body with adequate nutrition to support your endeavors - you CAN damage your muscles, organs, brain, even the skin itself will eventually start to suffer. I will not disagree with poster "Noboddy" that this may just be a part of depression, but I will tell you that if you are concerned about this you should go seek professional help. Please take care of yourself and I wish you the best.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0