Will my appetite change back to normal?

I've been having a hard time eating all of my food in one sitting, and eating throughout the day after my divorce. I can see the weight just falling off. But my appetite doesn't change. I have no real interest in food and I only eat it when I have to. It's been over three months and nothing has changed. Has this ever happened to anyone? How did you get through it?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It will eventually. I'm the same way. When I'm depressed or feeling really stressed out its hard for me to eat. What I did was started going to the gym. Working out forces your body to consume more food so if you haven't tried it yet maybe that will work.

• I've been working out everyday twice a day. Cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening. But I just end up drinking water and not feeling up to solid food. I bought some protein shakes to help and vitamins. Ugh it's tough.

• It must just be stress. I hope you start feeling better soon!

• Carnation Breakfast Essentials. A glass of milk with really nice hot chocolate flavor or vanilla bean-type flavoring powder that can supply you with the nutrients you need for a meal.

What Guys Said 1

• It's normal. You just went through a traumatic experience, and this is your body's way of responding to it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and move forward. It didn't happen overnight, and it won't resolve itself overnight. But it will get better. Just takes a bit of time.

What Girls Said 2

• I havnt gone through a divorce but my breakup is as good.
    We were together since 5 years
    Its not easy but if u gonna be miserable how will u see the good coming cz u r consumed by ur grief
    Its not easy but will it really be that difficult to get ur life back on track?

• Yes. During the three years we were together I got an anxiety disorder, severe depression, I think I have an eating disorder, I had to drop out of college and move because he left me and cleared out all the bank accounts. I lost my apartment, butchered my GPA, and I gained over 60lbs throughout the three years. He literally destroyed me and when I was at my worse he was like "see ya" "good luck finding someone who would want that blob of a body". I exhausted all my financial aid and can't afford to pay out of pocket and had to move back home with my Daddy. It's going to be really hard and its been really hard. I know it will get better but I've just become numb everywhere.

• Don't worry as long as u live u will fight it out !!
      A calm sea never made an experienced sailor !!

• yes it will.