Girls, What if a guy commits suicide over you?

Here's a situation... A simple nice guy loves you. You know it too but you just friendzoned him and as it makes you happy that guy is OK with your decision but still continue loving you selflessly. As you know that he loves you badly and will not leave you, you started treating him badly like not texting back, late replies, rude and blocking him for silly reasons and ultimately changed your number without informing him then also he is OK with he tries to move on but he can't cuz simply he thinks you were the perfect girl. He tries but memories pop up everyday which make him cry a little and one day he see your fb profile in which you are with some idiot looking guy. The guy which you and me hated because he was a pervert. 3 years of loving you without thinking of himself now he thought that it's enough now I can't take it anymore. He died. What will be your reaction? You will feel sad? Will you feel guilty? .… sorry for my grammatical errors I'm not from English speaking country. :)

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel sad but not guilty. That doesn't seem that he's in love instead he seems obsessed. Also the false idea that he has to be with the perfect girl is how society has constructed us to be so I wouldn't feel guilty. I'd blame what this society teaches people. I personally would ask him to leave me alone and if not then put a restraining order on him. If it ever escalates to that I'd consider it stalking and to kill yourself over someone is not love, its obession.

What Girls Said 13

• I would feel bad that he died, but I wouldn't think that it was because of me and I wouldn't feel guilty.

The issue is that I made my feelings very clear to him. We were friends. When he continued to pursue me, I blocked him and showed that I wasn't interested in talking to him - this is because he makes me uncomfortable, and I do not want to be in a relationship with him.

He doesn't respect that I don't want to be in a relationship with him, he continues to try and get me to love him when I've made it obvious that that is not what I want. The lack of respect and lack of care that he has for the fact that I am entitled to say whether or not I want to be with someone shows that he was never really my friend in the first place.

It's good that he then eventually moves on, but he should never have made me so uncomfortable that I felt the need to completely change my phone number in the first place.

Throughout this whole thing, he has only made me angry, hurt, upset and uncomfortable due to his inability to realise that I just want to be friends and nothing more. He ignored my attempts to create distance between us. And when he finally did move on, he realised that he couldn't take it anymore.

It's not my fault that I didn't love him or didn't want to be with him. It's not his fault that he loved me, but his actions towards me are disrespectful and he should have realised that if he truly loved me, he would have treated me better than he did.

So, yes, I'd be sad that he died. I'm not happy about him dying. But his choice to commit suicide is not my fault and I won't feel guilty about not wanting to be with someone who clearly doesn't care about y feelings.

• I wouldn't feel guilty I'd honestly be sad and a little creeped out. What you described was on the edge of obsession. It's not healthy for a guy to be that into you, it's honestly a bit creepy.

• I'm not the femme fatal sort of chick, so it would never happen...

• The guy should understand that the girl really never looked beyond friendship. this was a 1sided relation from the guys side. if he is committing suicide. he is so vulnerable. Doesn't he think about his parents his mother his father who struggled to make him a grown up individual and jus bcz of a girl he is giving up on life?
    If that girl dint value u
    So are u not gonna value urself?

• Clearly he wasn't mentally stable to begin with.

• I would be sad for him, but ones suicide its not anothers responsibility. I can't force affection for someone, and if for some reason we need to loose contact, then I can not help what you do afterwards, even if the result is saddening.

• I would feel bad but definitely not guilty

• Personally, i would feel like it was all my fault. i would be devastated and wouldn't forgive myself.

• Means he really really liked you and if he can't be with you then he thinks to himself why should I be in this world when the girl I'm in love with is not in my life.

• Shame but the girl will find someone that make her happy. Life move on without that nice guy.

• this wouldn't happen to me.

• My ex boyfriend used to actually kind of threaten to kill himself if I left him, cut himself when we fought, and would act really recklessly to get me to do what he wanted. It was horrible. I was constantly freaking out and felt emotionally manipulated. Don't kill yourself for a girl. You will move on. It's not healthy for either of you if you to blame it on her.

• This has happened to me except the guy didn't kill himself, he started cutting himself and self hurt. It's one of the worst feelings in the worlds. I remember not being able to sleep for a good 2 months and going crazy trying to stop him from hurting himself. Eventually I had to back away because it was mentally affecting me