Why does he keep manipulating me?

My ex told me he loved me a couple days ago and then changed his mind again... now he's seeing his best friends ex girlfriend after he told me there was noting going on between them. The minute he sees I'm happy he contacts me, and when we talk and things seem okay he treats me like shit. Why do I keep going back to his manipulation and lies? He's done this to me one to many times. How do I pull myself away from this? I love him but I don't want to keep getting hurt.

I unfollowed him on social media after I saw a picture of them together and he commented a kiss face. I posted a picture with an attractive guy I met and he liked it wtf.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• why are you wasting your love for someone who doesn't deserve it? you better move on girl... he is just using you!!! i think that you should cut all contact with him

What Guys Said 5

• GEt someone to play the role of a new boyfriend, and act REAL friendly with this guy in front of him. That should cure him of harassing you.

EVEN BETTER if you REALLY have a new bf!

• Well if he isn't treating you well, then he doesn't deserve you.

• Cut off all contacts and anyway he can get to you find something your really interested in or passionate about to keep you busy... he's using you as a backup he's going to keep messing with your head to keep you around so if something happens to his other relationship you'd be there just waiting and he can always go back... won't be easy to cut him off but keep in mind "you deserve better" every time he tries to make up with you

• He is just playing with your heart... and he knows you still have feelings for him so he is playing you... cut him out of your life completely...

• If you know he is manipulating you, you are willingly allowing this to continue. Manipulation only works when the victim doesn't know that he/she is being manipulated. Just cut contact. Ultimately only you can allow him to manipulate you as only you am stop it.

What Girls Said 5

• Let him go, you deserve so much better anyways. He doesn't have any respect for you so let him be with that other chick. Delete his number and block all communication with him on social media. Any pictures of you two, burn them. Get all things related to him out of your house. He's not worth it. Do you and live life, go out with friends, meet new friends, go out, travel, pick up a book, start new hobbies, rediscover yourself. Things will get better, just be strong

• There must be so many of these men out there, I have one too! You really need to forget him, he's not good for you. It's easy to say but so hard to do (I haven't managed it yet...).

Go no contact, block him on every contact possible and try to move on. If it's meant to be it will be, but on your terms not his.

• i think you should block him off any social site and stop seeing him in real life for a while to get your head together... manipulation is not ok and bad for your mental health

• Don't deal with that drama.

• He's not manipulating you. He's living his life. You're allowing him to upset your world. That's your choice. P