Does this mean he is completely over me?

My ex of 2 years broke up with me 4 months ago because he lost interest. We stayed on good terms and were talking nicely to each other from time to time. I was visiting my brother in his town and I sugggested a friendly meet up. At first he was very happy about it, but then when I actually came there he bailed out. I didn't talk to him for 2 weeks after that because I was mad he bailed out like that. Then I finally asked him why and he said he thinks that I still care too much and he wasn't comfortable with seeing me. Is this the sign that all of his feelings for me gone?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like the breakup was equally painful for both of you... and trying to break up on good terms is a mature thing to do and healthier for both of you... However, depending on the circumstances of the breakup, he may Sense a temptation within himself to try and get back together with you, but then pulls himself back because he does not want to go through whatever emotions he went through in the break up with you again... And it may just be easier for him to turn away altogether than be reminded by you in his mind... to the contrary I would say this is a sign that all of his feelings are not gone for you, but the feelings that remain still contain pain in them.

What Guys Said 1

• Hard to say for certain. He may have been protecting himself by doing that, or what he said really was true. The only one who really knows the answer to that is him, and he isn't going to give it up, or at least not easily. He's probably still trying to figure out where he is in his life - it's only been 4 months. That's not that long, after such a long relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• Not all the them, just the ones that you would have in a relationship. He cares about u because he didn't want u to get hurt when u saw him.

• He sounds like he's probably trying to protect your feelings as he thinks you feel more for him than he does for you. Unless you actually are happy with being just friends I'd stay clear. You're just setting yourself up for a heartbreak otherwise.

• Yep, move on girl. Don't hang on to dead weight anymore. It is over and done.