How to let him down easy?

So I need advice on something. I recently started talk to this guy who is attracted to me a lot. At first I wasn't so sure but I thought I'd give him a chance but I just don't find myself attracted to him the same way he's attracted to me. I don't want to take the bitch way and never talk to him again. So, how do I tell him I'm just not interested without coming off as a bitch or coming off as if I've lend him on?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Do NOT "let him down easy". Be sensitive to his feelings by not being a cold-hearted bitch about it, but tell him the full, hard truth of how you feel, and leave no doubt for the future. If, after being crystal clear, he STILL doesn't get it, then you are justified in being a cold-hearted bitch (some guys ONLY hear the truth that way).

By letting a guy down easy, you make him think that he's still got a chance, and he'll just keep trying to figure out how to either improve his odds or how long he has to wait in order to win you over. Don't be this girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

What Guys Said 5

• I agree with honesty is the best policy like the others said. Just tell him you think he is a nice guy and you wanted to see if it would work. Tell him you tried, but there just isn't any spark happening. Tell him you initially weren't sure, but you wanted to at least try, because you never know, but deeper feelings just never developed. Tell him you feel bad because you know he will be hurt, but thank him for the nice time! There is no clean or easy way to do this. He will be hurt no matter what you say. He will appreciate your honesty, I know I would!

• Its hurtful but DO NOT let him down nicely. The fact that you even asked this question says that you are a "nice" person and don't want to hurt his feelings. What you need to consider is... if you tell him some mess about how it "was just me.." or whatever, if he was really into you, this is going to give a signal that "maybe it's not really over" and he is going to keep hanging onto that. If you really do not want to be with him but you are in fact a nice person and still want the best for him - you need to end this in a way that will allow him to accept that it is really over so that he too, can move on.

• Just be honest..
    Needs to be done, Even stories where you try to soften the blow will eventually come undone.
    He'll feel down either way, at least he will appreciate the honesty

• Yep, I would rather tell him the truth as well and same goes if a guy would turn me down rather than some made up stories which will eventually come to light.

• Juz tell him that ur busy with ur career and dont wanna get in any relationship right now.

• tell him you're sorry but you're just not interested, it IS the best way

What Girls Said 4

• With just 'Recently started to talk to this guy,' and it seems you haven't even began a date mate Anything with him, the next time he calls or texts you on his Own end, tell him you are going to be busy for awhile and you will contact when you can chat.
    You don't owe this stranger off of the street anything so don't stress it out, no need to Even... Talk it out.
    Good luck. xx

• Tell him that he has changed and ask him to be normal. If it is not working then just say u need more in life and stay as friends

• act normal don't ignore him or be mean

• just say you're not interested.