Is anyone still really close to his/her ex?

I guess if you start off as really good friends for awhile, it's hard to completely stop talking to each other. I'm asking because my ex and I are still pretty close. I was ready to distance myself from him completely, but he tried so hard to keep in contact. We never started out as friends, so it's nice that we still hang out and go to parties together, but sometimes I get the vibe that he wants more. I know he's still attracted to me, but the people around us keep trying to convince me it's more than that, lol.

Anyone else experience this? Why or why not are you guys still close? Any lingering feelings? Please explain. I'm curious to know why guys or girls stay friends with their exes.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I just went through this with an ex- and it was tough because I thought we could be friends and instead he pulled me along on an emotional roller coaster admitting he still had feelings for me and wanted to be with me...but still couldn't because he didn't wanna do long distance..

now I told him we should just stop talking all together so it doenst happen again...but couldn't help myself and am limiting contact to emails! feelings tend to develop very soon...soo just make sure you remind yourself everyday that he's simply a friend now and not a priority.

that was my mistake :/

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I'm really good friends with one of my exes. we actually dated twice, but I've known him like my whole life. Things are a little akwarf right now because he has feelings for me again, and I'm worried he's gonna go a little over the top for Christmas, but I still love him as a friend, probably because we've always been friends.

• I have three exes, and I'm close with one of them. We're both interested in different people now, so there aren't really unattended feelings (at least not on my side.) We didn't talk for about a year and a half after the breakup and had pretty bad feelings for each other until we buried the hatchet. Now we're as good as friends as we were before we started going out, and we actually help each other out with our problems concerning guys/girls. Haha (:

• When me and my ex broke up we didn't talk for over 6 months , then he e mailed me saying he wanted a friendship , now we are super tight with each other. I don't really have any old romantic feelings for him, just a good friendship with him ^^