He Broke Up With Me A Year Ago, Why Am I Still Hearing Complaints?

I was on and off with a guy for nearly three years when he broke off. It was a turbulent relationship to say the least. After the break up, he obviously wouldn't talk to me, so I accepted it for what it was, moved on and worked on myself. Months later I started a new job where I met someone else and deleted the messages from my phone from him that I had saved, stopped letting him linger in my mind and such.

We have a lot of mutual friends whom he sees much more than I do these days and still, even a year after, I hear that he's been trash talking me. He broke up with me, he got what he wanted, so what's his problem? He doesn't know about the guy I met, so this shouldn't be a reason. I just don't understand why he's taking cheap shots if he wanted to end the relationship and claimed he didn't want me.
1
1