Am I being incredibly dumb for wishing this? Am I being too harsh on myself? Is it normal?

My boyfriend (now ex) of 3 years broke up with me 4 months ago. Long story short, he lost interest, it was very painful but we ended on good terms, we even get in touch from time to time. Well I don't feel that much pain anymore, but I'm still sad that it happened. He is very immature and I know breaking up was the most mature thing he ever did, but that doesn't earese the fact that I still wish he would call me one day and tell me that he was wrong and he made a mistake and that he wants me and loves me. Yep I really wish that would happen. But I know the chances for that to happen are close to 0, it's only in movies that that shit works out with them being actually honest. And even if it would happen I am almost sure I wouldn't take him back. I doing pretty alright. But yet, I keep dreaming and imagining that he does that. And that he makes an effort to win me back, to bring stars from the sky to make it happen (because even though I think I wouldn't take him back, I know deep inside that if he really made an effort and convinced me he changed, I would). I think about this scenario almost every day. Hoe fucked up I am?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It's somewhat selfish and conceited to say that you want him to try and get back with you and yet you wouldn't do it anyway. What's happening is that you want an ego-boost. And now please go and be the adult woman that you're supposed to be and decide what you actually want and don't pull a guy into games that will only make him suffer more.

What Guys Said 2

• Its normal to think that one day your ex will show some remorse and willing to start a brand new page, shows you how much you mean to him instead of just saying it. But sadly you can't do anything about it but have scenarios of your ex.
    trust me i there

• just moveon... u have future waiting for u... just get divert on something else

What Girls Said 3

• You just still love him. So your hearts wants him back but your brain says no.
    It is not dumb but you just need some time.

• You are obviously not over him or else you wouldn't give a damn about him. You should have no contact with him until you feel if he'd to marry someone else today you would not care...

• I feel the same. 😔 My ex of 2 years broke up with me 10 months ago... and is seeing someone else. Time will help us... I hope.