Why would he message me again?

So in 2013 I started dating this guy long distance. We never met in person but talked on the phone for a few good months until we broke up in December. He didn't talk to me at all until around Christmas then never texted or called again. Just today (July 9 2015) I was going through my Facebook messages and found one in 'other' that he had tried to contact me on December 22nd 2014. All it said was hi so I didn't reply to him or even know about the message until today. My question is why, after all that time, would he try to get into contact with me and then only try once?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps with the simple "Hi" a year later from the split, he came around in memory of the time that year before when you both had called it quits, to remind You... He was still around and that he may just want to be friends.
    If you Accidentally Missed his message, he may of thought you didn't want to respond. However, with This being your call, your choice, you have Two choices in which Now... You can either acknowledge it or Just... Forget it.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand with this man...:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Because he wanted to reach out to you. He wanted to let you know that after all this time he still thinks of you. Don't ignore him! That's probably the most hurtful thing you can do to someone.

• Cause he was bored and wanted someone to talk to.

• Wanting to see if things can work again