When trying to get back together with an ex, how long should it take?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• How long is a piece of string?

There's no definitive answer to this question.

In fact, if they know you want to get back with them, they can keep you on the hook for as long as they like.

You deserve better than that.

• Yeah but I'm talking about when they like you again and want to get back together also

• I know you are, but you'll just have to be patient :)

If you try and force him, he'll pull away and that's not what you want!

• Yeah you're right, it's hard to not get anxious when you finally wanted something for so long and it's finally going to start to work out. I just wish I knew for sure too if he wanted to get back together or not :(

What Guys Said 1

• You shouldn't be trying to get back with an ex, reeks of desp.

• What? I'm not saying that they don't want me back eighter. I'm just asking how long it should take?

• No how about you just love them and Noone else compares

• DESPERATE

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on how long you have been broken up, why you broke up, and if its even fixable. i would make sure both parties are putting in the effort to get back together. As long as you are both trying than it doesn't matter how long.

• We'll we been broken up for 8 months and we're both trying to change. I see improvents in him already. I believe all signs point to him wanting to get back together.

• All of eternity. In fact, it should take so long that you date other people and eventually die without ever being with your ex ever again.

• What? Seriously?

• Well I sincerely hope it works out for you, but be cautious and smart about it.

• I am, thanks

• a few months.

• Even when he's willing to get back together?