Sorry about your divorce?

Why do people always apologize after a person said they are getting divorced? I know it could be a hard, sad moment in life but at the end of the day you are only leaving the person because they hurt you so greatly that you find no other way of dealing with them and need to separate from them. Isn't that a good thing? Leaving someone who has hurt you?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because they don't really care that much about it and don't know what else to say

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes they don't know what else to say. Kind of like limited words.
    Or, they feel bad that things didn't work out, stayed happy.

"I am so happy for you, you deserve better,' close friends, sisters, or just whoever you are close with would say something like that. (Depends on the situation/divorce.)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Of course it's good if its good for you. It's the same as someone dying. I'm sorry for your loss or I'm sorry to hear that is just the easiest way to say "I'm sorry if you've been having a bad time and I care". It's not a judgement in your decision. Take it as a well wishing

• it is usually a sad thing to see a family break up.