What is my ex up to?

Why is my ex doing this, and does he still love me?
My ex boyfriend is cting really strange after a long relationship of 1 year approx he broke up with me. Then after a few weeks of leavign me he says he wants to try again, we try again then he leaves yet again. Then a few weeks later he call me up and tells me he still loves me, and he was going to ask me to marry him in a few years. But our lives are too different and other complications. He then calls me again the next day and says being with me isn't worth it. Then he tells me he's getting jealous of the attention other guys recieve from me. Then he calls me up and we have a long convo like the good ones we used to have where we talked past midnight he then hangs up, and then next morning messages me saying he loves me and even though he doesn't act like it he does. then the next week he continues talking to me thorugh social media, and then he tells me im the most perfect person es ever met and im "Fucking beautiful" wheather im aware or not. then the next week he tells me stuff like "we're both stubborn thats why we're the perfect couple" and one time i was talking about kids and he said something like "you should have mine or you are having mine". WTH is his prob, its driving me crazy? Then one night i was too busy to talk to him because i was with a friend (opp. Sex), so i told him i gotta go (Anon) is coming, and he replied sneeringly "Who you're boyfriend?" and i got frustrated and sighed in anger, and he said whatever. Please what is this?
He also told me "Im you're true love, know why? because nobody will ever love you as much as i do."
He told me he loves the way i make him feel like he's not just another person in the world, and then he told me that when he met me, i helped him get through a lot when nobody else could, and im his best friend but if im his best friend why is he still jealous and territorial? He tells me he misses me, and he wants me to stay in his life as a friend and if he lost me he wouldn't know what hed do? He always talks to me, then the other day he turns around and says you know what? other than my family and my girlfriend you're the only person i love.. HIS GF? WTH? Im really lost. Does he still love me?
Please help me. thankyou

11

What Guys Said 1

• He's controlling and insecure. The only thing he knows for sure is that he doesn't want you to be with anyone else. That relationship sounds toxic to me and I'd recommend you move past him.

What Girls Said 1

• If he says he loves you and all those sweet things without actually asking you to be his girlfriend again then it's quite clear that he can't be that into you. He sounds confusing and like he has no idea what he wants.