Is he having an affair?

My husband spends a lot of time with his single friend. He preferred to go to the movies with his friend on the 4th of July instead of spending time with me and our kid. On Friday he supposedly went to comic con with a friend but didn't come home until the morning, claiming his friend was too drunk to drive him home in the night. He has also been likeing a girls status on fb all the time, he works with this girl. What is going on with him? He takes longer showers before work as well. The friend he is always hanging with is a single male who is rude to me. What do you guys think of the situation?

He really wanted to get to the movies too. I didn't know guys liked to go to the movies together?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• While all of this may sound QUITE incriminating... It is also quite plausible that he is Not having an affair and all of this happens to be circumstance. If I may ask, how long have you 2 been together/married; and how old is your child? I think it is Always a good idea in this day and age to be attentive to what our significant other is doing - as; even those with faithful intentions are sometimes led astray... BUT that does not mean it is actually happening here. You have an idea that he may be, and you have noticed things that as stated may appear to support your suspicion. I would suggest that you not let him know you are suspicious - and pay more attention to his actions than you ever have before. If you have friends willing to help in this watch, enlist them. Hopefully - it will turn out to be nothing, and you will be glad the 2 of you did not wind up having the "jealous controlling ! itch" fight. If on the other hand - you do actually come across proof (which is gonna hurt like hell) - then at least you will know, and when you confront him there won't be any question or doubt of guilt.

What Guys Said 4

• Sound like a movie date to me but thats just my opinion

• With his friend like gay? Or bringing along women?

• I can't tell what's going on with your husband but whatever it is I'm sure it will come out to the light. He can't keep it away from you forever but the things he is doing isn't right.

• it's defiantly looking that way.

• Hmmm yes :(

• tough to say, guys do go to the the cinema together though.

What Girls Said 3

• Read up on the signs of cheating, and you'll see that changes in behaviour, and changes on how he treats you are two concerning factors. If nothing else, they are concerning factors just because they are changes for the worst. He is your husband and should be putting you and your child first. Not to say he shouldn't have friends and attend events, but the behaviour he is showing is sort of frat-boy type of behaviour and that's just not good enough to me when I think of what a man, married, and made a commitment to his wife and family is all about. I can understand going out and having fun, but not at the expense of his wife and child's feelings, especially big occasions like your US 4th of July.

Also, it's a bit of a disrespectful move to continue giving attention to a guy who is rude to you. It's one thing if you don't get on together, fine - then don't speak, but if he's openly saying things to you and your husband does nothing about it, I have to wonder why.

Only you know for sure what he's like, and if you find things out further it may or may not be cheating, but so far, this behaviour is showing red flags that his respect for you is dwindling and after that, many marriages suffer unless this is fixed fast.

• Not that there is ever a good enough reason to cheat but are there or has there been any major problems between you too? Sometimes it is easier to talk to someone else who isn't apart of the relationship or from either family's and maybe that's what this friend is? Maybe he is just a person who your husband can just spend time with and let's him forget the reality of being a husband and father. It can be very stressful and overwhelming not that it is an excuss for his actions just trying to give him the benifit of doubt. I think therapy can really help even if you go on your own to start.

• All of these things are concerning, but especially that his friend is rude to you. Have you ever asked him why he lets his friend be rude to you?