Help getting my ex girlfriend back and understanding why she left. What do I do?

My girlfriend of about 3 months but we we knew each other for about 5 just broke up with me out of the blue. She told me she never wanted to lose me and said please don't ever leave me one night, (she was always very emotional and attached towards me) and then two nights later she started being very distant and a few days later she broke up with me. That's how's strange it was. she's 18 and I'm 16 and she is going to college in about a month and her reasoning was that she doesn't want to hold me back and be worrying all the time about her. She said it would be hard because we're at two separate places in our lives right now even tho we talked about college before and knew this time was gonna come. I feel like we could make it work, she is only gonna be 20 minutes away. I think she may be over complicating it even tho I understand it will be hard for her. I really want to get her back after a week of not talking to her I'm going crazy. I know we were young in our relationship and young in general but no one made me as happy as her. So please help me with understanding why she broke up with me and how could I get her back. I've been using no contact for the past week and she called me and said she wanted to see me and talk but then texted me and said I'm sorry I can't talk, it would be too hard. She says she still loves me. Also I feel her friend kinda controls her and tells her what to do. Her last boyfriend told me the same thing about her friend. I'm very confused and not sure what to do. Should I continue no contact? Should I call her and try to meet up? My mind is in so may different places right now. Please help.

11

What Girls Said 1

• I know your world is spinning really fast right now. just know that there are people that will listen. The best thing to do wait to see if she does something about it. if you live her let her go, right? If you let her do her own thing, and she really does love you, she'll come back. If not, she's not the one. Letting her go for now will really hurt, but it will benefit you in the sense of testing your true love for eachother. If she doesn't, then it will get you going quicker to find the girl who really deserves your love. In the end, nothing can get in the way if she loves you, Jwag1123.. Not even controlling friends. If you need someone to talk to, I'll gladly listen.

• That really helped me. I have decided to leave it up her to reiniate it. Should I not contact her at all tho? What do you think? It is just killing me that we ended the way we did, without trying

• I wasn't paying attention when I typed Jwag1123. I thought that was the person who posted this questuon, but it was just a commenter. Sorry! Yes, keep somewhat in contact with her. Let her know you are still available to her. Text her one message describing your feelings for her and your dedication to let her choose, but after that, leave her be. Check up once in a while with a "hey, what's up" but that's about it.

What Guys Said 1

• I feel your pain. My girlfriend of about 4 months did the same thing to me just the other day. I did nothing wrong. She said this was sweet and a really good guy. She told me that we should just be friends. I still don't understand and I am in the same situation as well. I'm giving her some time to think and sort stuff out. In the next couple of days I am going to try and meet up with her and ask what I did, and tell her that I miss her and express my true feelings.