Girls tend to use the nuclear option (cut you off) more than men, how come they dont ever seem fased/ hurt by this decision are they really heartless?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I use that option often, it gets the point across pretty quick and you both just move on. It's the same as cold turkey.
    My thinking is, 'have we been together/become attached/dated enough for him to deserve an explanation?' if the answer in my opinion is 'No' then comes cold turkey.

From my perspective there is not enough attachment/investment in 'us' to begin with, you don't feel heartless because you don't feel much for them at all.

I would never cold turkey a guy i'd become attached to whose supposedly hurt me, I'd give him the reason why i'm leaving and that would be it. No further contact.

What Girls Said 5

• i did a quick search for empirical data on your claim and, just so you're aware, there are little to no worthy empirical sources to back up your claim of who uses the "nuclear option" more.

based on my own experience, I use the "nuclear option" 4 out of 5 times with exes. almost every time I've cut a guy off it did hurt me, but I kind of just sucked it up and moved on with my life.

the reason why I would cut a guy off is very simple to understand: I no longer wish to talk to him.

I'm pretty happy with the results I've had over the years, honestly. It allows me to get away from all the drama a breakup brings and give me space to clear my head. Once I'm over it (usually after a week or so) I won't go out of my way to talk to him but I wouldn't feel the need to resent him or anything. It would just be over, meaning that it's time to move on. It's simple and practical, honestly.

• What are you even asking?

• (The nuclear option should only be used in extreme measures women use it in all measures without any care) my question is do they really care or get hurt deep down Inside after they do this or are they really that heartless? (and could careless how psycologically damaging that is to the other person) do they have any feeling at alllllll?

• Nuclear option? Are you North Korean? Who has access to nuclear weapons? Why would one use a nuclear weapon to reject someone? That is not only crazy but a risk to the rest of the world.

• Wow your an idiot never mind, and for your info north Koreans cannot successfully enrich uranium so they do not possess nuclear weapons retard

• No.. Not all women are the same just like not all men are. Maybe it's the women you've encountered, but many women have similar complaints regarding men and how heartless they can be.

• Women invented the nuclear option. it causes serious psychological and social damage to men way more than women one main reason is the sever damaging affect of ones manhood and the constant fear and thought that his partner has moved on to another man.

• Not all girls are like that. My ex is the one who cuts me off. Made me wonder if guys are heartless too :/ do you guys also get hurt when breaking up? Like, he suddenly ignored me. He would message first then when I continue the conversation, he would just not reply and ignore me, I feel like he doesn't have feelings :(

• We've probably been dropping hints that we don't like you and we hope you pick up on them, because it's always awkward to flat out say "I don't like you". We may act subtley rude or distant so you will stop being attracted to us, but if you persist then obviously it's probably our looks and not personality that you're attracted to. Being cut off is our last resort, and it is pretty rude I'll admit, but sometimes we just move on and don't want to be burdened with a "break up" when we didn't like you in he first place.