Who has a 'the one that got away'? Or who ended up being glad they did in the end?

Has anyone on here at one point after losing someone (being dumped) by someone they loved, thought that they won't find anyone better than them?
And then actually did meet someone far better later on and look back happily that the relationship with the other person ended?
Or do you have someone who in your mind will always be 'the one that got away' no matter what?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• i have and im glad.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't have one that got away, but I do have the "what if guy", the guy where everything seemed to point toward a relationship and for some reason it just never worked out. I am very happy it did not though even though he was a sweet guy.

What Guys Said 3

• She didn't dump me, I was stupid and let the "One" get away. And No, there has not been another "One". If you know you have found the "One" don't let them go - you will regret it forever.

• Yeah, I think my ex was the one that got away. I've tried dating since her, but just couldn't do it, at least not yet.

• My wifey made me a much better person today. I like who i am. She and me are like a team