Ex wants to be friends?

I asked my ex boyfriend if he wanted to be friends and he said yes. We broke up about a month and a half ago because he said he's not in love with me anymore. I asked if he wanted to grab lunch sometime but he said it's too soon. How does that make any sense? I'm confused. Then why did he say he wants to be friends

42

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess he believes it's too soon to be friends at least after 1.5 month only... or he's just nervous seein u and he turned it down

Most Helpful Girl

• There's different levels of friendship.

There's that friend you call every now and then just to catch up.
    Then there's that friend you speak to on a regular basis.

You both had a break up.
    He wants no hard feelings.
    He doesn't mind talking to you every now and then (possibly seeing you eventually).
    But you need to give that time.
    What would be the point of breaking up with someone if they are still a regular part of my life?
    He's ready to move on.

You should too.
    I think you still have feelings for him.
    The only way you're going to get over him if you allow yourself that space.

What Guys Said 1

• Ex can't be friend. It is nonsense.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it is Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX"who still Marks an X in His softie spot as well as yours, @akdnvidjvh, there might come a time, as you have found out When... He wanted to be friends.
    You both have just been apart now for a Month of Mondays and with him telling you his Honest John answer with "It's too soon," he may still want you in his life but just can't take the slight pain that may go with it, like tugging at his heartstrings to Be... Hooked at the hip again.
    Give him some time and space. With some history you both shared, This and Missing the Kissing, he may decide Otherwise that it's a Wise ol' owl idea to Come back as two birds of a feather Or Just... Stick together as friends for now.
    Good luck. xx

• Personally, i don't believe two people who have a history together can be "just friends". If they do remain friends... it's because they were never in love or they still are.

• Maybe he was just saying it to be polite? It can take some time after a break up to become friends and it not feel strange.