"All guys cheat"-Guys how do you feel about this statement?

I was talking to my friend and of course it was from talking about Tiger Woods. What do you think of that statement and what it says about a person? I personally don't believe that all guys cheat because I think everyone's different. Some girls always cheat. I haven't ever cheated, I have been cheated on. But what's your opinion about the "all guys cheat" statement and she's a Tiger Wood's fan-Me not so much-I never was a fan of golf O.o

I have to admit I'm not forgiving. I wouldn't forgive my guy if he even cheats ones because I have control and I know I wouldn't cheat on the guy I'm with. and she's willing to give a chance but I saw if it's happened once, got to keep your eye open...
not sure why people are down rating my question, but I didn't say I didn't realize it's wrong so don't down rate just because you're trying to disprove my point

113

Most Helpful Guy

• I think some BOYS cheat, real men are their for their women and have feelings and "eyes" exclusively for them. I think the number of bad guys out there that do cheat is probably pretty high, but I myself have never cheated and don't see why anyone who had real and serious feelings for someone else could.

What Guys Said 12

• I view golf as more of a retirement sport; none the less, let's get on with our lives.

The phrase "All guys cheat" is an overgeneralization, stereotypically, that is incorrect in many scenarios. For example, I have been in the "Dating field" for almost 14 years (i'm currently 20); during this time I haven't cheated on a single woman, ever. Not a kiss, not emotionally, etc.

It's much easier to go "i'm not fulfilled with you, I'm moving on" which takes 15 seconds, versus the next 3 weeks of listening to the woman complain and rant about my name in bad omen - if I were to have cheated on her.

I really don't understand, what is so special about being rebellious to someone your supposed to care about, if you really don't? Your getting satisfaction the same with other people, as you would at home. Maybe the relationship wasn't that passionate; however, did both parties try to make it work? Or merely say how they felt and expected a miracle change in a few hours? - Let's be realistic.

Ironic enough that this has come to GaG today, I was left because I wasn't displaying my affections enough. This seems more like a "pity-me" attempt, to get attention, and furthermore- it demeans the relationship to severe levels. That's like me blantantly saying "Hey, you suck in bed and I'm moving on" - Uhh what? Yeah... It doesn't need to be said, even if it's true, have some composure and keep the attacks to one's self.

"To get it done, do it yourself" - Phil Scallon (Granddad) RIP 2002

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• Yeah relationships are so complicated. sometimes the one you're with doesn't' see what you see and they don't understad there are more important aspects to a relationship. it seems an excuse on her part. and it might have been a communication thing. my boyfriend does write messages to me a lot and we see each other and I wonder if you guys talked about the affection part? what she did sounds harsh.

• Thanks reeses - the problem was taken for face value, while it was harsh - it was true for what she did. I have other things than cattering to a woman's desires in my life (such as paying for the 350k I owe the hospitals at age 20 for an accident). Being so "task-oriented" has lead to her choice of ending the time together because she is "relationship-oriented".

I'm in the mindset to "get things done"; while she has the mindset to "feel affection" - hence the difference between men and women.

• I take it with a grain of salt as it is usually uttered by some ignorant jaded unwilling to give each individual their own chance, excuse the language here but it fits, bit*h. And I don't much concern myself with the opinions of those types. I know myself well enough to know I would never cheat. That alone is good enough for me.

• Right on brother! :D

• Oh, this was coming from the standpoint of a woman who thinks she deserves to be cheated on because all men do?! Wow...yes please very nicely knock some sense into this woman! Nobody deserves to be cheated on, and there are plenty of men worth her time that won't do that to her. It's hurting her more than she realizes if she has that attitude..Sad =\ Tell her Jeffery told her to lose the loser! =P

• My high five comment was in regard to your comment to me...Not your update my dear. Sorry for any confusions lmao..I confused myself!! *runs from the confusion and hides* My last comment referred to the update, which I had just noticed.

• As for the statement itself, I think it's a load of crap. Another generalization to add so people can dislike people they haven't even met.

As for the reason behind making it, I think it's more of an issue of trying to justify one's own actions. Maybe for a girl who isn't the best person to be a relationship with (for whatever reason), she can justify how she acts in a relationship because her guy cheats. But what if he hasn't cheated? Well, of course he has, because he's a guy. All her actions are now officially justified, right? Right?

Alternatively, it could just be a kind of "gender pride" slogan, given that it's going from one girl to another. A way of sticking it to the man (literally) to prove once and for all which gender is superior.

• Well, it's a sour-grapes statement women tend to make when they get cheated on repeatedly. So, I don't take it personally when I hear that saying said about other men. I have the security of knowing that it isn't said about myself, because I haven't cheated.

As far as Tiger Woods, I look at it this way: There's no question that he was the socially-awkward nerd in high school who got ignored by the pretty girls.

But when he started making big money, suddenly he was able to have access to the kind of female who would have ignored him in high school, so then he felt like a kid in a candy store and went nuts with it. And with that being the case, there's no way that someone like him should have been married. Having lots of money is nice, but it doesn't automatically make him a candidate to be a good husband. ...

... And keep in mind ( not to be mean ), if Tiger Woods was making $40,000 per year instead of $40,000 per day, chances are he'd still be ignored by beautiful women because he'd still be that socially-awkward nerd from high school, just older. Look around Hollywood and professional sports, and you'll find a lot of awkward and/or unattractive guys getting beautiful women, only because the guy has lots of money.

• I've too have been cheeted on as well. Both guys and girls are guilty of infidelity. This stereotype statement isn't valid. Tiger is young and has been a celebrity for many years of his life. He was foolish enough to allow his fame and fortune get the best of him.

• Yes and I tried to argue with my friend that not all guys cheat but she still adamantly believes all of them do

• Well,in case of tigerwoods ,he has dispersed his golfing career in between to better his relations with family.

For the statement of "All guys Cheat" you are right that not everyone cheats.Its just the situations and co-incidents that makes people to cheat but some make it as their hobby to cheat.

Its never with a guy nor with a girl that this statement going universal.

Thnx

• It's stereotyping. If a girl gets cheated on many times by her boyfriend, once, twice, or however many times it is, I guess it's easier to assume that all men cheat. But, it takes two. What Tiger did wasn't right. If you're married and cheat on him/her, why be married in the first place? I COULD never and wouldn't ever cheat, not only because it's wrong and violates trust, but I wouldn't want to be cheated on as well.

• Not all guys cheat just assholes. I never cheated all though I have only had one girl friend ;)

• If all guys cheat, then all women are either a). being cheated, or b). cheating

You need a minimum of three people in this scenario. Vice versa stands if you reverse the sexes.

• Its a BS statement. Just someone trying to make an excuse for someone, trying to make it seem like he can't help it.

• That's what I think too but I don't know how to say it to her without hurting her feelings

• Alot of people say that. Just like people say all girls are whores. which isn't true. I've never ever cheated, and I don't plan to start.

• True. I know she's wrong but I wanted to see why she might have said that and I think I learnt from a few answers why. thanks .

• Have you ever heard of the 80/20 theory?

• I agree with you. I don't want my girl cheating on me and I won't cheat on her.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah I agree with you that not all guys cheat. some douche bag just downrated your question