Would you ever take back a cheater?

I broke up with my EX boyfriend a couple of weeks ago because I found out he cheated on me. Or at least I think he cheated on me. It was a week after he found out I gave out my number to some guy when I was drunk. Turns out that he was one of his good friends, so he was so angry at me for that entire week.. It was a mistake, it's not like I had sex with the guy or anything. But about a week later he ended up having this girl (one of his so called classmate from college) over for about the whole night; he said they were working on some type of homework project. I called him up and asked him what he was doing that night, and that is basically what he told me, his classmate was helping him with a project. Then he had the nerve to tell me the next morning that the girl needed a ride home (his car was in the shop)... It's like he wanted me to know that he was cheating... So I cussed him out and broke up with him the day after that. I said some pretty nasty things to him when I broke up with him, just to make it clear that I never wanted to get back with him, and he still keeps blowing up my phone with texts and calls saying that he never cheated on me, he loves and misses me, and all this other crap just to get me to come back. I still don't want to take him back.. EVER.. But my best friend said that I was kinda being harsh, and that I should still give him another chance. What do you think? Would you ever take back a cheater?

511

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see him giving you the impression he cheated to give you a taste of your own medicine. He was obviously hurt by the fact that you'd give another guy your phone number and probably wanted to turn the table on you so you'd know what it feels like to think your partner isn't happy being with you. Being drunk isn't an excuse in my book. Alcohol lowers your inhibition but you meant all along to give that guy your number. If you were totally happy and secure in your relationship, you wouldn't have done it. Sober, you might have thought twice about it, but you would have likely wrestled with the decision, but a small part of you would have wanted to give it to him. Drunk however, you gave it away.

In the end though, go with your gut. If you don't want to take him back, then your body is telling you something. That there isn't enough love to forgive whether he really cheated or just made some bad attempt at making you regret what you did.

If you take him back, take him back because you love him and you see something long lasting. Take him back because you're both able to get passed this. Don't just take him back because people or friends tell you to. Listen to your head, heart and gut. If it's telling you it's time to walk away, then do it. Things won't get better from here if you're holding on to those nasty feelings and you have all this drama hanging over your heads now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im probably not going to tell you what you want to hear, but to me it just looks like he was trying to give you a taste of your own medicine. A drunk persons words are a sober persons thoughts. Obviously he was hurt about you giving your number to another guy so he tried to see how you felt when he gave you that type of situation where it is possible to cheat. What if his friend was a slumbag and didn't care if you were his friends girlfriend? You guys would have most likely fucked..

Whether you want to see it or not you were the one to start this mess so he decided to end it by showing you how it hurts. You shouldn't have broke up with him because you have no proof that he was cheating. Obviously there will be projects that he will most likely need help on or maybe he was just at home by himself because he was too hurt to directly confront you about it so he made up a situation.

If you do take him back, do it because you care for the guy and you know him better than we do on the internet but im pretty sure that's what he was doing. So, honestly that is up to you.

When I was with my ex I took him back 3 times.. -.- but just don't try to over do it or keep hurting him. Learn to control yourself hon. It will help the relationship. or the next party or bar take friends that you trust or even take him with you.

What Guys Said 10

• Pardon my french but I think you're being an ass. You started it by giving out your number to a guy. You have no proof he cheated. You need to be begging him to take you back

• Cheating whore confirmed, blames being drunk on her giving some random guy her number. Karma is coming after you hard it seems so do the guy a favor make like a tree and fuck off.

• If I was your boyfriend I would have broken up with you when you gave that guy your number. You were planning on cheating or what? A drunk girl giving a guy her number is clearly a "I wanna fuck you" situation.
    As for him "cheating", I dobt trust that whole situation, I mean, he could have or could have not cheated.

I would never take back a cheater, no way in hell.

• No, and neither should you, unless your willing to go through the experience again. You got NO guarantee he won't do it again. His word means nothing now, and he hurt you. Their are better choices out their, drop this dude.

• You don't know whether he cheated and he doesn't know whether you cheated. You both screwed up!

• No, absolutely not. Do not reward such behavior. Let him learn that he fucked up. If you take him back, he learns that he can cheat again and you will take him back again. Have some self-respect. There are BILLIONS of other men available.

• Not a chance won't ever happen

• In your situation, yeah ehy not. In anyothercase where it was clear that they cheated. No.

• You both sound like shitty individuals, haha.

• I would never take back a cheater. Ever.

What Girls Said 4

• It seriously depends. You said you broke up with him because you think he cheated... but were you broken up when you gave the guy the number?

• No I wouldn't but if you don't know for sure I don't know. You know your guy and you know if he's a lier or not a cheater or not, even if you don't want to admit it deep down you know what to do

• nope, never could i wouldn't never be able to trust them again

• If he really cheated on you nope. Taking him back would be a very bad choice. Why would you give someone that hurt you, that betrayed your trust a second chance to do it again? It's not harsh, it's smart. I'm sorry but your bestfriend is being stupid. Don't let her pressure you, listen to your instincts, your guts (not heart! Guts).