I did something bad..is it forgivable?

I messaged my boyfriend's ex asking if she beat him (because that is what he told me) she said that she had gotten the same question from many different girls and no, she did not beat him and doesn't know why he keeps telling people this, meaning what he told me was a lie. Turns out he beat her, apparently and that he also went to jail for it (this is true). So I did this behind my boyfriends back anonymously and he found out about it but doesn't know it's me (I think?) I actually have no idea because he hasn't talked to me for the past 24 hours...so I think he found out and is mad and or embarrassed? Is it really that bad that I did this? I just wanted the truth that he was not telling me, but I'm afraid it wasn't exactly my business persey but I AM dating him and I think I have a right to know. What do you think I should do? He hasn't messaged me or called me in 24 hours, and I'm very worried that he won't at all...
+1 y
He called and messaged me today. I didn't pick up nor message back. He said "when your done being mad call me" then told me he loved me...if he loved me he should have messaged me sooner..i feel like this cycle is just going to keep happening.
I did something bad..is it forgivable?
1
2