A chauvinist boyfriend?

I had an argument with my boyfriend. We were talking about genders and he kept stating how guys have better skills then girls in everything. Literaly in everything. He was so into the conversation and got pretty furious that I wasn't agreing with him. He was generalizing genders and I didn't like that. I just said I don't want to talk about that anymore but he kept googling and showing me proofs that there are more pro men then pro women. I asked him "then why aren't you dating a guy then?" and he said "because I don't care about skils". But he was putting down females and it made me feel like crap. He noticed and then started joking like "don't worry baby your at least better at crying". I got very mad there and said "Yeah that's why I work in a bilioner company with high income, while you are sitting at home whole day, jobless and ambitionless. Nice skills with doing nothing baby. How about that for generalizing?". He just looked at me and walked way. Well he was pushing me! Was I at wrong here? Am I dating a chauvinist?

99

Most Helpful Guy

• I really can't help but get the feeling, You are just a feminist who made all this up for the soul reason of making guys look bad.

• Well this being said makes my boyfriend one of the kind, lol. And no, I didn't made it up.

• So true @Just1n123

• @HookingSwan Yep :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. And, honestly, better to break up now. It will save u a lot of sorrow later. If he doesn't see u as an equal partner, he can't possibly respect u. And withouth respect, there is just not possible to have a healthy relationship, because there is not real love involved.

• On another note, he probably started his rant because he already was resentful towards u (the job and stuff). Im thinking he had been keeping it for himself and letting ut build up for all that time. Im appaled as to how he didn't manage to blow up sooner.

• This was a real shock for me because we've been together 2 years and he never showed this side of him, I had no idea. There were times when we would joke about genders but just small things. I think you are right that he resentful towards me and kind of jealous that I got a dream job and he didn't. We are both gamers and we both didn't have a job when we started dating. To be honest he knows more about gaming and IT overall, but he never pursued a career, never was interested in anything, he was still living with his mom. I didn't mind back then and I fell in love, he treated me good and was a funny and passionate guy. But I am ambitions and I worked hard to find a good job, so I did, I started working in a famous gaming company 6 months ago as a lead digital artist. Ever since then he started being resentful.

• Im so sorry. 2 years into it and only finding out now is... Im really sorry. Must b hard on u.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, with some self esteem issues and resentment on top of that.

I liked your comebacks by the way.

• Guys are better at certain things and girls are better at other things. So yes, your guy is a douche.

• "then why aren't you dating a guy then?"

This^^

• Yeah, you are dating a chauvinist, and a lazy one to boot. Has he always been this way?

• Well, I'm a gamer, too. Smite is my current addiction, but I play other stuff, too.

I'm also a professor of computer science and make a very good living out of that.

It does indeed sound like he's jealous of your success. I'd be proud of your accomplishments, but he can't match you, and this is his way of lashing out.

So, the obvious question looms - what to do? He probably won't change, and I'd bet it's going to get worse. Maybe it already is, these things tend to move quickly once they get rolling.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you're going to see a lot more of this side of him going forward, and also that you'll end up arguing more often, too.

• He sounds like an alright guy to me

• Dump him time...

• Define chauvinist

• Chauvinist is a person who hates thinks male gender is better then female gender, that females are bellow. They have stereotypes and they generalize.

• That is wrong actually. Chauvinism has no gender specification. That being said, I would say he is displaying male chauvinism

• I don't mind if guys aren't better than girls, it's when girls start thinking they're better than guys. We're all equal, or well, at least when it doesn't come to equal pay

What Girls Said 8

• Sounds like he's an asshole. If my boyfriend thought of speaking like that, especially when you're doing so much better than he is and he still thinks he's better than you just because he's a guy, I'd have him out of our home as quick as anything. That's really disrespectful.

• Your boyfriend's a dick.

That said though - why don't you have a job? It's kinda hard to argue against BS stereotypes if you yourself perpetuate them...

• I do have a job, a damn amazing job! It's true what I said.

• Did I misread it then? Sorry, I thought you wrote that he was saying he has such a great job and you do nothing. My bad!!!

Regardless, your boyfriend is a dick. And now we know he's a fucking useless unemployed dick.

• u better dump his sexist ass real quick!
    what an asshole

• Good for you! You needed to put him in his place. How dare he say all of that you, especailly when he is less successful than you. This guy sounds like a dumbass and he clearly doesn't think very highly of you, which is funny since you sound so much better than him.

• Well you're clearly dating a twat, dump his ass. You don't have time for his BS.

• No you weren't wrong. What are you still doing with him? Dump his ass already

• You were in no way at fault. You are dating a misogynist who needs to educate himself and have some sense talked into him.

• Break up with him.