This question is for the ladies. Your honest feed back is appreciated?

My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years ended our relationship in April (3 1/2) months ago. We remained friends on FB against my better judgement. She was addimant about remaining friends and having the ability to reach out to me from time to time to see how I was doing. I wasn't ready to have her out of my life ye so I agreed.

Over the the past few months she would reach out with little emails here and there as well as comment and like certain posts. This break up has been tough for me and each time it gave me hope for some type of reconciliation. She would continue to tell me what a great guy and great father I was and even went so far as to tell that she missed me.

I've vey told her how I felt about her but said that I respected her decision and the set boundarie? s. I never initiated any conversation or ever called her. I did not beg or cling. Recently I made the concerted effort to except everything we had was over. Typically she reaches out to me every 10-15 days in some form or fashion. Recently we had a descussion about 5 days ago and it ended by us saying good bye. I thought it was time to start to move forward because of her refusal to give a reason for ending the relationship. That being said I cleared out a photo album I had of us on FB. I still have the photos tucked away else where but I didn't want her to have the satisfaction of knowing that I was still hanging on. She knew anyways but she didn't hard proof. The following day she "unfriended" me. I can only assume she was checking or reviewing my photos. A few days later I spent two days on an island having a good time. I posted several pictures of me and some friends (some women as well). We were all together. They were friends of friends and nothing having to do with romance. The following day I realized that she had blocked me.

I guess my my question is, if she wants only to be friends and I'm assuming only through FB then why would she care what is posted?

80

Most Helpful Girl

• Is seems like her feelings got wounded
    She wants to be with you and loves you. What other reason is logical aside from it hurting her?

• I don't agree with blocking for the record! Or ignoring for that matterđź‘Ť

• Prior to this happening and earlier this week my friend saw her profile on a free dating site ( I never saw it) but once I posted the new profile pick, she blocked me on FB and deleted/disabled her profile from said dating site. I'm not sure any of that is linked

What Girls Said 7

• I think probably she also has feelings for you but some people think its time to just move on. which i think she is doing. she's jealous and angry that you removed all the photos and posted up new ones of your new life. She probably thinks your over her since the new photos.

• The question is, why do you care if she blocked you? Ex's should not be friends on FB in order for everyone to move on. In fact blocking is the way to go so once someone is in a new relationship the old ex can't send out a PM and start issues again. Yes you all probably still have some feelings after being together for that long and only being apart for a short period. However if it is truly over, both need to block from FB, cell phones, etc. and move on !!

• I'm not sure really. I was just using this scenario to illustrate how confusing this stuff can be. She said she wanted to remain friends but she must have known this kind of stuff was bound to happen. I tried to cut ties a few months ago but she kept reaching out. I tried the FB thing again by her request

• I know girls who like the satisfaction of having someone interested. Not good for you though. Sounds like you're better off without contact

• I guess she's lying to herself that she doesn't care

• she's jealous. She wanted you to have hope and now that you've moved before her she's pissed

• I think she's already on a dating site, according to one of my friends

• She may still have feelings for you and another reason caused her to break up with you

• She is jealous and probably doesn't want u to move on bc she still cares and obviously still loves u

• She's not over it.. She wants to be but she is having a hard time and seeing you move on is unbearable.. Blocking you is her way of forcing herself to move on nothing to do with you personally.. Let her move on and you do the same!

• She's certainly acted like she was over it and was cool being friends. Her deleting and blocking has been the first signs of any type of negative emotion that she has expressed since she ended our relationship.

I think she was very happy knowing that I was wanting her and willing to work on us even though she had no intentions to attempt any type of reconciliation or even give me a real reason for ending it.

• Do those action mean anything? I could if I was texting and calling all the time but that wasn't the case. She asked for space, I respected her decision, and gave it to her. I only responded when she reached out.

Your right I shouldn't care but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. She led me for a portion of our relationship and for the past few three months that we've been broken up. I consider myself a very honest and up front person. I guess after almost 3 years of being together I expected the same in return. We promised each other in the beginning to never leave the other person hanging or to string them along and to show each other respect. Probably what she meant was for me to show her all of those things.

What does shutdown mean?

• The shut down is a way of getting your attention saying look at me you're loosing me! Truth is All girls want to be Chased but not all girls deserve it!! You have to be wise and do a serious evaluation of your relationship as a whole with taking into consideration her actions during the breakup as well as why you broke up!

Based on what you've described she's acting really immature about the whole thing and may have some things she needs to resolve within herself first! No woman in her right mind will pass up a good guy unless she has insecurities (which we all have). She just needs to learn how to deal with them! If she really loves you she will come back and try to make things right. At that point you will need to decide if you believe it's worth it!

What Guys Said 0