Girls, as a newly divorced man, how honest should I be in my dating profile?

I know you are supposed to leave some things for later on in the relationship (If it takes), but I am kind of struggling with balancing that thin line of honesty and secrecy. The topic I am having the greatest issue with is addressing the fact that I am going through/finalizing my divorce. As far as the divorce goes Its almost finalized, its amicable and we have no property or kids. Not to sound cynical but its basically the dream divorce if there was ever one to be had haha.

Anyways, I like to think of myself as a honest and trustworthy guy and would like to portray that as much as possible in my profile. My dilemma is whether or not I should put that piece of information in my profile or not. The last thing I want is to knowingly mislead someone into a relationship, only to upset her later on with something that would have been a potential deal breaker from the beginning. At the same time its not necessarily fair to me to have my divorce black out all of my other qualities that could be exactly what they are looking for in a man. What should I do? Should I mention some/none of it? I really appreciate it ladies.

FYI: When I married I was 22, and we both decided to split because of the Navy which I am currently still in.

• Post some information about the Divorce in your profile.
  • Post no information about the Divorce in you profile.
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl
Thank you very much for the feed back! I went ahead and added it to the beginning of my profile and we will see how it goes. I was leaning towards that anyways but you ladies were definitely the tipping point for that, so thank you!

10

Most Helpful Girl

• You really should wait until everything is final. It's annoying but it would be even worse if a woman found out that you had lied to her at the begining of the relationship.

What Girls Said 9

• Post but Don't Boast... With this I mean, tell them in a Tasteful and well done Profile that you are Divorced and just looking for Friendship to start and to see if something Special might happen in time because you are waiting to see if she Is... Ms. Right.
    Some girls Care and others don't dare because they may find that a 'Divorced man' is not what her Dream boat is all about.
    Be honest so the girl on the other end knows what You are all about and no surprises as a man who is This... Honest and trustworthy guy.
    You say you are still in the Navy so make sure as well That... You tell.
    Good luck. xx

• Post some information. Mention that you're recently divorced, maybe mention that it's amicable and there are no problems, but don't post anything more than that in my opinion :)

• I would put it in if I was you... actually scratch that and leave it out because girls could straight away rule you out as an option... tell them on the first date then they can put your good qualities up against the divorce and see if they still want to date

• Just post that you're divorced.
    If they want to know why - they'll have to get to know you.

I wouldn't want to go out with someone and find out they were married before. O:o

• Mention it but no details.

• You should be upfront about this. She deserves the option to choose whether or not this is something she wants to get into. Plus it's apart of who you are, the person meant for you should accept that!

• Post some information about it because if you don't and you meet an awesome women then you tell her about your divorce it will make her think you have other things to hide. I once met a guy online and we hit it off and we later started dating but he was upfront about certain things and it really bothered me when he finally told me and it made me feel as that there may be other things he might be hiding from me.

• Given the choice, I'd far rather date a divorced guy. If a guy has never been in a long term relationship by the time he hits his late 20s/early 30s, then that's a huge red flag, as those guys tend to suffer from perpetual "grass is greener" syndrome and will never be satisfied in a LTR. Most women would probably take it as a good sign.
    I think the only thing that would put women off, is if you had kids -- which you don't. I say be up front about it.

• I don't date divorced guys I would appreciate the honesty