Post-Breakup Slump (Four Months Later)?

I broke up with my boyfriend of over a year about four months ago. I was really sad for a week after but knew it was for the best. Quickly after however I developed feelings for a new guy which never worked out and I didn't realy pursue a whole lot especially after my breakup but I still felt like I was moving in a good direction. After that I even did that whole "talking" thing with another guy for about two weeks, but it went nowhere. Needless to say, I felt like I had recovered from the break up and was moving in a good direction. The past month I haven't had any feelings for anyone and have been just fine and happy, but recently a few days ago really sad feelings about my ex have creeped into my head. To make matters worse, he just posted a picture with a new girl (he never really posts pictures of anything so it stood out, I don't know if they are dating I just feel suspicious) and it made me really sad. Despite whether or not they are "together" it still triggered some painful feelings for me. Ever since last night I have been in a really bad slump like how I felt post-breakup. I know things will never work out between us unless one of us changed drastically, which is why I think being broken up is a good choice and still do, but I have been feeling really sad and lonely recently, and all I can think about is the happy times we had together. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on how to shake this?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a problem at all me and my ex were together for 3 years and a year ago we broke up. I still hurt, but I have been able to move on from wanting her back, it really is wonderful to feel free and not have to worry about her or what is happening. However I think it is different for everyone. Break ups hurt, it is almost like death, and most of the time when people try to hang on they are unable to accept reality. I have to admit that I doubt I could have moved on if not for time. Usually it is the length of the relationship times 2 depending how deep or in love you were.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're grieving your lost relationship, it will take awhile. But sending you hugs and healing thoughts :) it will take time but eventually you will hear his name and not even blink.

Just keep yourself busy, don't sit around and swim in your head because it will make things worse.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• you need to give it more time.