Why is it typical to delete your exes contact number/social media after breaking up?

Why do people do it?

85

Most Helpful Guy

• Never been on the receiving end of a bad breakup, I take it.

Sometimes, when someone's hurt you very badly, it's easier to move on if you remove them from your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it because I didn't want to have anything to do with my ex. I still don't. When I asked for space after we broke up, the very next day he texted me. I blocked his phone number and then waited a little while and then deleted it. I sort of despise my ex so I didn't want to see his face on FB. I left him as my FB friend for less than a week, but then he changed his profile picture and it showed up on my news feed and I couldn't handle it, so I just deleted him. I found it a little funny that he changed his picture just a couple days after we broke up too...

That's my reason for doing it. For others it could be because it's too painful for them since they might be the dumpee and not the dumper. They might still have feelings for said ex and they can't handle seeing them move on without them in their lives.

What Guys Said 4

• if it ended on bad terms, Im still friendly with some of my exes while others I X'd out completely because it's just drama.

• Yes pretty much normal especially if they hurt you bad..

• Their way of getting over

• why do you think? come on now? think logically

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah. I don't want to be tempted to contact them when I'm feeling lonely or obsess over their social media profile.

• yeah if u didn't end on good terms or u just wanna forget about em.

• Some people have been hurt really badly by their ex and sometimes deleting them off facebook/or any other social media sites helps them. I deleted one ex in particular because he was extremely cruel to me and hurt me really bad. So I wanted to cut him out of my life in order to heal faster and move onto someone better. It actually helped me quite a bit!

• Because tracking them and being connected with them usually prolongs the agony and makes it harder for them to move on. In this period , being around your ex just hurts , so deleting them or anything connected to them after breaking up is always reccomended

• Because that person broke their heart and they want them gone from their lives?

• Because you don't want anything to remind you of your exes.

• Yes - who wants to drag out the pain and confusion? You don't need to see your former love's every move after a breakup.