My boyfriend of 1 year left when I started to have thoughts of killing myself.

Why did he leave when I need him the most? I mean everything was fine but he said the pressure of him being my boyfriend would effect the way that I would get better. I don't understand why he had to leave.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what it is like... Thinking about killing yourself and I still do. He doesn't talk to me anymore but he will smile every now and then and it's going to be hard to move on, I still haven't fully but I am trying to. I know we are both young so you still have a lot ahead of you. I know you won't probably ever realize it but it's not going to be worth it if you hurt yourself, he will probably blame himself more and your family and friends. But anyways your question he probably blames himself for most of it, I know my ex did.

What Guys Said 1

• he probably felt like if he did something wrong while he was with you and then you hurt yourself, he wouldn't be able to live with the thought that it was because of something he did to cause you to do that

i don't know your story or anything about you but if you're contemplating hurting yourself in any way, you've gotta get some help or let a family member or someone close to you know how you feel so that can get you the treatment you need before you do something drastic

What Girls Said 2

• Because he's right about it effecting your ability to get better. You would more than likely use him as a crunch and avoid the big picture. Kudos to your ex.

• I think a lot of times boys get overwhelmed in heavy situations like that. He probably did not want to feel responsible for you harming yourself but I am sure he does care. Guys never know how to express their emotions, so do not blame yourself! Instead of depending on him for help try talking to a counselor about how you feel, even getting your feelings out to anyone will help tremendously I am sure. When you get better you should try reconnecting with him.