Why do so many people marry then cheat? Do they not love their spouses?

I've always felt that when you truly love someone, cheating is NEVER an option

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not a simple answer. A lot of people marry because its what we do -- its the natural progression of life. With cheating, they say women cheat if they are missing something emotionally from their spouse and men cheat for the same reason or if there is opportunity. I don't think anyone would ever say cheating is okay. But, the fact that it happens so often indicates that people aren't realistic when they think, 'It can't happen to me"..."I won't ever cheat". You can't say that for sure. First, if there are issues in your relationship (abuse-verbal, physical/lack of intimacy/etc), cheating can easily happen if two people meet that are unhappy in their relationship and who are attracted to each other. That's not saying its right! But, often, people don't realize how bad things are until they meet someone else that they click with. Its a lot easier to stay in the marriage and then suddenly you meet someone and realize how much better it could be. So, I just think its very naive to say "it will never happen to me". Assuming you are in a healthy relationship, the chances are much less likely that you will cheat. But, its not so simple an answer and "never say never". Personally, I don't think they love their spouse if they cheat but if they say they do, then they definitely don't respect them.

What Guys Said 3

• The problem is that were shown desires every day in our life. Were not immune to these temptations. This is why we sway and get caught up. It's not to say it's an excuse, but remember that there are many things out there that tell us that marriage is a stumbling block. It's something that we "men" should avoid or seek to get out of. The more and more we have temptations, the less likely we'll have men who are faithful.

• But there will always be Temptations!! I know that MEN always get a bad rep..(such as Tiger woods) But I believe that there is ALWAYS more to the story. I don't believe that a person gets married with the INTENTION to cheat.

• Because they are douchebags. I really don't see any other reason.

• I disagree, I feel that there HAVE to be OTHER reasons WHY a person would want to cheat.

• Well in any case, the cheater is a douche. I don't understand why people do it. Maybe they like the idea of trying to get away with something. Gives them an adrenaline rush like some criminals seem to get.

• Some people cheat because they feel that there is something within their marriage that isn't being fulfilled, or just to cheat period.

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with you I don't think that cheating is ever an option, I think so times people get scared to leave, and get lost in this world.

• My friend and her husband cheat ever year .

I think some people do it to add some "fun" into it, cause after 10 or so years, it may get boring.

so you need that one time to remind you of how good your spouse is.

Personaly tho, I feel the same. if you are with someone , it is forever, no cheatinh