When You are Dating Someone Casually -- Do you Invite them for New Year's Eve?

Hey guys!

Just interested in hearing what you guys think about New Year's Eve. If you were dating someone casually... would you spend the night with them on New Years... or hang out with friends instead?

As a girl... I see NYE as a special night... as you are starting the year off with a kiss and a promise for good times in the new year. Is it significant to you when selecting the person you want to take out that night?

All thoughts are welcome...

Actually...he invited me to spend the w/e with him... and to take me out for NYE. We live 3 hours apart - and have been dating for the last 3 months (but have been really close friends for 11 years). He is getting tickets for a gala event.
Just wondered if this was a serious signal? If you guys put any thought into this sort of thing?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as your still not expecting something special to come out of this kind of relationship, it's perfectly normal to invite ANYONE over for New Years.

• Huh? Your answer is most confusing.

So this is just a casual thing... and I should have no expectations as to infer any substantial meaning from his offer. Interesting.

• I never said anything might not come from this. I only said as long as you "don't expect". Remember that this is a casual relationship. Which implies less responsibilities and strings.

Is that less confusing?

• Much less confusing ... Thx :) I have no expectations... none. Casual may be a bit of an understatement... but we haven't had "the talk" yet... and I assume nothing - only live in the moment. I have no expectations beyond the friendship staying secure. However, had he NOT asked me for NYE - the dating and intimacy would be no more.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, you definitely invite him. NYE is just another party, and usually a damned good one. Spend it with people you like. It's a New Years kiss, not a promise ring.

• Actually... he invited me to spend the w/e with him... and to take me out for NYE. We live 3 hours apart. He is getting tickets for the two of us to go to a gala-type event. He is doing all the planning... and it will just be the two of us

• Promise ring? Geez Louise! God no. He's been my best friend for 11 years -- so I guess I am just trying to decode his signals. We have been dating for the last 3 months... and we are intimate. Just wondered if this was a serious signal.

• Of course. You want to spend time with that special someone and connect with them in a special Night, Especially New years eve.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• bring him to a party with your friends and get a nice new years eve kiss while still with your friends having fun

• That sounds like it would be fun and might as well go along for the ride. it may be an experience you never wanna forget

What Girls Said 1

• If given the choice, I'd do both. I usually have friends having a party so it'd be pretty cool to get the guy there too! On the other hand, sometimes people get freaked out with stuff like that and take it as a sign things are becoming more serious. I guess you just gotta make yourself clear whether you mean it to literally just be a nice night spent together, or if it's to get more serious.

• Sounds like all you gotta do is say yes!