Can you trust again?

After your partner has done something to betray your trust (cheating, flirting, telling lies etc.) would you trust them again?

Do you believe that trust can be rebuilt?

109

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust is earned, once it's broken i don't believe it can't be regained with the person who broke it. I am a loyal person, so i don't waste my time, energy and trust on someone who has broken faith once.

It's hard to trust someone a second time, after they have given you one good reason not to trust them. Giving someone a second chance after they have betrayed you, is like giving them the opportunity and your consent to do it again. So personally, i never give someone a second chance to betray me or hurt me again. If someone lies to me once, then all their truths become questionable.

We all set our own standards of how people treat us, so relationships need boundaries, if someone crosses mine then i cut them out of my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. If they are in the habit of doing these things I think it's narcissistic to believe you can cause someone to change significantly for your sake. If you meant that much to them they wouldn't behave like that in the first place.

What Girls Said 9

• No I won't and trust can't be rebuilt. One it's gone, it's gone. You can cover it up or try and live in denial but you'll always wonder about it and hold some resentment towards the other person. It's the same as respect. If someone loses your respect it's certainly not easy to just get it back.

• I believe it can be rebuilt if both partners put in the effort. If they half ass it it'll never work.

• I can trust again. With things like lying. It will just take a while for me to do so.

Cheating, no. That's a deal breaker for me.

Flirting? I don't know. Depends how bad the flirting was.

• depends. really depends. ill listen to what they have to say. if it sounds legit, ill give one chance, maybe more if i love them that much.

otherwise, I'm not wasting my time.

• you mean trust the person who betrayed you? HELL NOPE!

• After my dickhead of an ex cheated on me, I don't think I can find it in me to trust anyone fully, unfortunately.

• No.. people never change... and i would not trust them again

• You can try but it'll never be the same

• It would take years but I doubt I would wait that long.

What Guys Said 8

• Maybe for some, maybe if there was extreme circumstances, but for me no. Its gone and while they may deserve a chance to rectify there mistake, it won't be with me.

• Been lied too quite a bit actually but trying to make it work for my son but so far I have not been able to trust again.

• No relationship definitely over

• if it is flirting maybe one or 2 times yea i'd let it slide... but if she lied constantly or cheated on me, that would be the end of the relationship.

• It takes time apart their apologies and begging and a truth that after you are apart they hold to the test that they waited for you to heal so they could talk to you again.

• flirting... Yes
    Lies... Maybe yes, depends on the lie.
    Cheating... No, you're out.

• Noone deserve second chance so no way

• Never bruv.. I dont even trust anyone so much before anything wrong..