Why is he keeping me around?

My (stupid) ex and I broke up, and he really wants to remain friends and continue going on dates. The other day he cooked for me, and everything was great. Last night, he said he had something to tell me and he was going to come over. He didn't, luckily I already knew he wouldn't and has yet to text me. But, why does he keep me around? I don't want to be his friend and I told him this. Should I just forget he exist and move on?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Either A he's scared to not be rejected, or B he's playing you... look at the past and see if this is normal for him to flake. What was your relationship like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup, @Sugarcookies, and that it is Goodbye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks his X in his own softie spot, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time when He... Really wants to remain friends...
    You have a nice thing without the 'fling' it would seem right now. However, I am not this little mouse in your back pocket so don't know if it Includes a Friends package With... Benefits or not.
    If it Doesn't, let's say, then go easy with That little goodie With being a friend indeed, many times in 'Need' also is part of the care package and it gets real cozy and comfy when your Ex is contented and doesn't want to have to feel hooked at the hip As... The way we were.
    You sad 'Luckily I already knew he wouldn't,' so maybe you are surmising with no surprises that this is a possibility.
    Okay, so I just Read further and no, don't continue if you know what I am saying. Your heart will end up broken and if he doesn't put his money where his mouth is and you already Know it, then 'Move on'... Friends till the end wouldn't be your best bet or friend.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• he's stringing you along until someone else comes into his life because he's a selfish coward who is afraid to be alone.

• He's keeping you around because you are letting him.

• Just move on.