I was in therapy - do guys get creeped out by this?

I've been in therapy for about 2 years, and it's been mostly to treat anxiety because I'm very shy and soft spoken.

my ex boyfriend knew I was going, but he didn't seem to care. I was a little hesitant to tell him because I thought he would think I was crazy-but he seemed totally understanding. Do guys just say that, or would you get creeped out if your Girlfriend was in therapy?

Also, I was a very open person with him, and sometimes I wonder maybe he didn't like that. but he never said anything so I'm not sure.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• If the therapy helped her in overcoming the anxiety I don't see why it would be creepy. It takes a lot of courage to actually go to a therapist (personally I am seeing one myself for anxiety) and I think you will only feel it creeps people out because subconsciously you are somewhat ashamed of it.

What Guys Said 3

• I think especially if you tell them or him that's it's mainly anxiety related then you should be in the clear. I wish my girl went to therapy as well but if I just met a girl and she said she was in therapy I would kinda wanna know why as much as possble without overstepping any privacy boundries.

• Why are you worried? EVERYONE has problems in their lives. Your actually doing something about it, unlike some people who cope by drinking or drugs or whatnot. I think you should be proud you did something about it.

• i'd think it were a good thing that she were in therapy actually...i'd much rather my girl get the help that she needs/wants than have to suffer all the time from whatever ails her

What Girls Said 0