My mom's cheating on my dad, what should I do?

Okay, so I just found out that my mom is cheating on my dad. I'm 14, almost 15. I don't know what to do. I feel so sad. I haven't told anyone about it in my whole family yet. I don't want my parents to be divorced, and I don't want my family to be destroyed. I'm so sad! No one else knows of this. What should I do? Please help! 😞😰

My mom doesn't know that I know. I went through her phone when she wasn't around and I saw her texts with another guy.. They both were sending hearts and calling each other baby

97

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm your age, so I get that you don't want to step in as the younger middle man. You are in a very tough situation, and so far you're handling it like any normal person would. If you're 100% sure of the foul play, VERY gently tell your dad what you know. He dosnt deserve to be kept in the dark. As for your family staying together, the harsh reality is that it probably won't happen. A solid relationship is built on honesty and trust, and if she's cheating, she dosnt feel the same way she used to. If you have any younger siblings, BE THERE FOR THEM. If you have older siblings, they will be there for you. Be sure to Explain EVERYTHING to your dad. Make sure to include details such as how and when you found out, and how long it's been going on. DO NOT DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM YOUR MOM. When aroud her, act as if nothing is wrong. Initially, your mom will be furious, but she'll get over it. She loves you, and she can't stay mad at you forever. Just stay strong and remember that it will get better with time. I hope this helped! I'm sorry that you're in this position😒

• That helped a lot.. Thanks Haley

What Girls Said 8

• ok if he's violent talk to her about it, let her know how u feel and understand her reason for it

• Talk to your mother about it but other than that, let them handle their problems.

• Awwee I'm so sorry, you should talk to your mom and tell her how you feel and ask her why is she doing what she is doing to your family

• Only tell your mother that you know, unless she knows you know already.

• It's her choice whether she wants to tell your dad or not. The fact that you know will probably drive her to it.

• Don't bother, let the chips fall as they may

• Keep the evidence and don't support a cheater.

• does your mom know you know?

• Keep it a secret.

What Guys Said 7

• Tell her that you know and that if she doesn't either quit seeing the other guy or fess up to your dad, you'll tell your dad.

I don't care if you don't want to be "disrespectful" towards her, your mother lost any right to your respect when she cheated on YOUR dad.

• Show evidence she is already destroying your family it is better to be truthful and out in the open. I speak from experience and being in your situation.

• Tell your father it should be out in the open.

• talk to your mom about it.

• Their marriage is over, that's why she's fucking someone else. I would probably go berserk and beat her, but you probably should not do that.

You really need to tell your dad, it's not fair for him.

• The girls thumbing down but if it was dads cheating on mom it'd be a different story

• I would assume he/she would find out eventually; cheaters get caught but I wouldn't feel good being the messenger in this situation.

• what I wouldn't do is make up a lie and cover up for them... in that case I would say ''No, that's your mess, I'm not lying for you''

• Tell your papa he deserves to know that your mom is a cheating whore , don't keep it from him or else you are making what she is doing okay if you had kids would you want them to keep this from you?

• Yeah but I don't want my parents to be divorced... 😞

• Okay. I will confront her and ask her in seclusion. How does that sound?

• Sounds good just make sure she doesn't drag you in to this if he does find out like asshole knew the whole time! Now it's both your dramas and your dad won't wanna be your dad no more its unlikely but it's a fuckedup situation you are in

• That's a really shitty situation. Sorry.