Break up over text?

Do you guys think it's okay to break up with someone over text if it's the second time y'all are dating? Like you broke up with ur bf/gf and saw how bad they took it the 1st time that you don't want to see that again.

• Yes
  • No

66

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to break up with someone, just say it to their face. Regardless if they would take it badly or not. At the end of the day you're being a considerate human and not hiding behind the fact you are truly scared.

What Guys Said 5

• No, it's not okay but I think some people are just scared to face the break up thing on the face. it requires courage to break up with someone, that too if the person is the one you once loved, so may be that's why they break up via text as it's much easier to do it. However in my personal view it's wrong.

• No, it's not.
    Although personally, I don't think I'd be too bothered by it - there's no good way to get dumped.

• Happened to a friend of mine.

He took it hard that he intentionally forgot the girl's name.

To be honest, I was kind of glad that they weren't together anymore 'cause he could do better.

• Not too good but if you feel more safe than do it that way

• I've been dumped by text. It sucks. I like to think I would never do it someone.

What Girls Said 6

• No breaking up over text is NEVER ok. It's really disrespectful and mean. You tell it to someone to their face regardless of how difficult it is.

• Yes, I would break up over text.

Chances are I'm breaking up with this person because they disregarded my feelings.
    Why should I care about theirs?

Whether I meet face to face or not doesn't change the outcome.

Sometimes break up over texts is more convenient especially when the person lives a little far.
    Save yourself the time and travel.

• I'd prefer to break broken up with in person, that way I can result to physical harm if need be

• Never break up with someone over text. It's so immature.

• If it's just after the second date, that's okay. A phone call would be better though.

Any longer investment of time in a person requires face-to-face.

• My ex broke up with me by text after 2.5 years together. I felt so disrespected. In my eyes he will always be a coward.