Pakistani man / white woman, will it ever work?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 7 months, and WOW its been incredible!!

he's been so attentive, caring and awesome... The problem is he hasn't told any of his family about me. He says he is waiting for the "right moment" but as of yet.. Nothing.

I went on holiday, and just before that he mentioned perhaps taking me home to meet the folks when i got back.

he has basically been really cold since i have been home, and keeps telling me he is "scared" of the next step. He js referring to me meeting his parents and marriage and so on.

He is at the moment acting quite emotionally unavailable and it makes me feel so rubbish.

is it worth hanging around? Am i kidding myself that this will ever work?

69

Most Helpful Guy

• I know so many white/Asian marriages that worked out in the end!

Where I'm from there are so many people marrying from different races and its quite normal.

But let's say his parents for some reason don't like you, is that a reason to break up? You love him right, not his parents.

• To be honest, don't listen to others. Try it out and if it works it works if it doesn't then move on.
      How can any of us know?

Give him a chance and try to work for this relationship!

This is just my experience but my mate who's Pakistani married a white woman and they have two kids.
      And happily married, his parents have no problem.
      He's Muslim and she's Catholic! And that worked!

Most Helpful Girl

• its not worth waiting around for.

What Guys Said 8

• It probably will not work. You will almost certainly be rejected by his family, and, if he's Muslim, you would have to convert.

• I fear that the reception by his family will be bit... cold.
    .

• culture differences, it's a lot of pressure coming from him especially dating someone outside of his culture... be patient, the time will come

• Lol it worked in Lost
    Okay he was Iraqi but it can work trust me

• It will probably never work as it sounds like he is scared of his parents. Move on...

• dont worry!! it will work! pakistanis are a little conservative so he will have to work hard on convincing his family ( specially if they are old fashioned type or come from some town or a village)

• I think the probability of it working is not too high but its not impossible. Be very careful of men from that nation, a lot of horror stories out there.

• It depends on how many camels he has.

What Girls Said 5

• Well it can work if he tries.. have a "talk " with him that he has to tell you seriously.. and he has to tell his family..

• U know its like a BIG thing for Pakistanis or Indians to tell their fmly they wanna settle for a foreigner
    He might b working out ways in his head
    Jus calm it down. b his support
    It is going to work
    U need to understand u both are frm diff cultures and his is d orthodox one so u gotta b supportive nt reactive

• not worth it. a lot of guys from the part of the world have the same MO with western women and it almost never works out well.

• You poor thing. Things will all change after the marriage. Pakistani men have a bad reputation for mistreating women for a reason. Walk away now. Do not move to Pakistan with him.

• Be a friend, give him space and insure patience...