Guys, why do you act like this?

my ex boyfriend dumped me after 6 years and it was a shock to me. One time things were good and than it was over. Now he is dating someone else and doesn't even recognzie who i am or talk to me. I gave him 6 years of my life and he pretends like i dont exist. How can he act so cold i do not understand it.

8

Most Helpful Guy

• You're an ex, you're nothing to him. I know you think the 'we can be friends' thing works, but it doesn't. If you were bad enough for him to dump you after 6 years, then what do you really have to offer him for him to want to stick around you?

Love and compassion is conditional, and obviously you weren't living up to your end of the bargain.

What Guys Said 7

• That his way of letting go of what y'all had. It's hard for men to remain friends with exes, because we can think about what we had. So to fight this feeling we become cold hearted to move on with our lives. Its no hard feeling but it's just something a man does to not hurt emotionally.

• While this is largely a female tactic, some men do it too.

You're an ex. That's how you get over a break up - no contact.

• some people are cold. some aren't. grab a chair and some coffee, i could tell you horrifying stories of things girls have done to deliberately hurt me.

• Did you want him to act lovey dovey after the breakup by acknowledging you in public. I'm sure he has his reasons and don' you think he gave you six years of his life as well?

• That's how some guys move on

Just disconnect from all previous feelings

• He never love you in actual

• Many possibilities:

1- You cheated on him and aren't telling us
    2- Sex has dried up and he's fed up with it
    3- He doesn't find you attractive anymore