How do I contact him without looking weird?

So this guy was my boyfriend for several months about 5 years ago.
I was pretty much in love with him and clingy would be putting it lightly. He had his come out of a serious relationship and naturally it didn't work out.
The break up got a bit messy and his new girlfriend tried to fight me one night, and I said some mean things to him.
Anyway it's been a long time and I'm sure we've both changed obviously and after something reminded me of him I wanted to message him to see how he is and catch up.
Were not Facebook friends and I'm pretty sure the last message that would have been sent would have not been a nice one.
Anyway should I just leave it? There's no chance I'd run into him anywhere. I don't want to look like a crazy ex messaging out of the blue lol

01

What Guys Said 1

• There's nothing wrong with sending someone a message like, "Hey, how's it going. I was just thinking about you and wanted to see how you're doing. Would love to catch up a bit if you're game. Take care!"

Just be prepared that he may bristle in response. I called an old girlfriend once with a message like that and she was obviously very uncomfortable about it, so I just gently got out of the conversation and took the hint. :) It was sort of sad to me that she responded that way, but it's her call, and because I still do care for her, at least as a (past) friend, I won't try to make contact again.

So, reach out, but know it may well be the last time. Maybe you'll be able to look back (as I do now) and think that at least you had a last, positive (from your side) communication with someone who was important to you. :) Good luck.

• That sounds like a good idea
      I was just curious so it's not a big deal
      The problem is the only way I can message him is on Facebook and I think the last thing I would have sent him would be embarrassing to see now. It's been 5 years but so not sure if Facebook deletes messages

Anyway I guess worst case scenario is he either blocks me or replies what the hell? Lol

• Yeah. Lots of people reconnect on Facebook. Hope it goes well for you.

What Girls Said 0